POP's FORDS

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
poboyjo65

Re: POP's FORDS

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:....anyone else ever have one that they felt this way about?.....POP
Yea Pop I got an old truck that just loves me. The AC still works so we still damn good buddies. It's had several 300 sixes & now on it's first 302.It has always wanted an auto trans but one hasn't turned up but maybe someday. it ain't much to look at but does have plenty of character.

''Old Paint''

Image[url=https://postimage.org/app.php]
Last edited by poboyjo65 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Now that's patina! :lol: :lol: :lol: I like the easy-change headlights, too. :wink:
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jim most of the patina has fell off or rusted off :lol: :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Patina is the way to go....slick paint jobs are over rated.....jmo :wink: pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

A fancy word for rust, patina. How come patina was just rust when I was a kid driving my Comet, I could be in style.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

MIKE,my 88 4wd f150 looks just like your comet,only in black or whats left of it,,,but there is no rust,,period !! just no paint !! other then surface rust,,,am ask ,why don't you paint it??? I say,NOPE...I likes it the way it is......sometimes I say it got this way from OVER WAXIN IT and I don't want to make the same mistake twice :wink: :wink: :wink: ........patina is the way to go !!!
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Hey! I like that! "Over Waxin'" causes it. I gotta remember that one. :wink:
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THEY don't last forever,,we want them to true enuff,,been driving my 91 ranger pu since new,,,in the last couple of wks ,have replaced the right rear axle and brg and seal,both front brk calipers and pads,and just today I had to buy a MC,,,for grins and giggles I had the original alt checked last week and so far it's still good,,old truck still has the org u-joints and clutch.....and fuel pump in the tank...but for how long ?? only the FORD GODS know///......it's time for this thing to start nickle and dimeing me.....but it's been a great dependable truck so reckon I'' start shelling out nickles and dimes.....it still gets 20 or better mpg just with my normal runnings around localy....and don't use any oil nor smoke,the paint is thin on top so the loved patina is showing up.....later....got to change MC pop
pop/glenda

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

popscomet wrote:....anyone else ever have one that they felt this way about?........POP
Yup, but I'm scared to say the make of it around here :oops: But it my defense, my dad drove it for the first 425 000 kilometers. Its at 542 000 now (about 348 000 miles). Just keeps going. Its is on its second transmission.

Funny enough, I had the same front brake problem with my truck one time. Seemed like the truck had no power, drove it for a little longer, decided it wasn't right, pulled over, wow them brakes are hot. Had to have a shop change the master cylinder as I was a long ways from home and had no tools.

However, unlike your Ranger pop, mine has a ton of rust. But thats ok, it functions as anti-theft. Lately I've been thinking I should find some new front fenders and some flares and make it look a little nicer, but we'll see if that happens.

It has been nickel and dime-ing me for a number of years now, but hey, I figure the odd part now and then is cheaper than a truck payment.
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

AS far as I know ,there is not any rust on my ranger,,BUT,, the other day the AC stop blowing cold air,I was clickin down the hwy about 60 or so,so I rolled down the window,,the head liner has had a SAG for along time,,about that time a gust of air caught it just right and ripped it down,so I had to pull over and finish removeing it just so I could see out the back window.!! I gave the AC a SHOT of juice and it started blowing cold air again,,which I have to do every couple of yrs,anyway.so ME and OL TRUSTY are good to go !! besides I just flat out like this old ranger truck,,,so's the nickles and dimes and a few dollars ,don't mean CRAP to me..IN 1993 ,I ordered a brand new one,it came in ,went to DEALER and picked up the new and left the 91,less then 48hrs later I called the dealer from work ,and they still had my 91,told them not to sell it,that afternoon after work I went back to the dealer and we traded back...I did not like that 93 as well as I did the 91,,,that's why I always try to do business with ONE dealership,,and I have for many yrs,,they wanted to keep me happy :D
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL, as of right now,OL POP has the lil ranger back on the road,MC is changed,got stopping power on all 4 corners,,,gonna try to get another 25 yrs out of it....drove it today and all is good,,,so with new frt brk cali and shoes and a brand new Rrear axle and seal,the rear shoes were in such good shape,that I left them alone,,went ahead and rotated the tires and topped the trans off with 80-90 grease instead of ATF,,it has had a drip every now and then from the trans for a long time ,,now with alittle thicker stuff in there ,it don't leak at all.....might have to drain it all out come winter and just put ATF back in ,,,we'll just have to see......later pop
pop/glenda

The Transplanter

Post by The Transplanter »

Not a "Pops Ford"!

But how about a "Ford Pop", Pop??

103E

100E

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

POP could not drive either of those,the steering wheel is on the wrong side!!!!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THOSE are nice looking,thanks for showing them to me ....YEP.....OL POP would have a hard time ( at 1st),,,,driving on the right side and shifting with my left hand.....but I could learn.....most times I can't pick my nose with my left hand.... :? :shock: thanks again for the pic's ,,,you put anything on here you think POP might want to see :wink: :D :) .....ol pop
pop/glenda

The Transplanter

Post by The Transplanter »

You soon get the hang of the steering wheel on the wrong side :) i have driven LHD cars here for years now, and RHD cars over on continental Europe and it soon becomes second nature :wink: Although overtaking can be tricky at times :shock:

The 103E's were very Popular HotRods over here in the 60's & 70's akin in many ways to your "32's". There seems to be a bit of a revival on them just now as there are some nice examples that turn up at hotrod/american car meets.

more info on wiki if your interested https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Popular

And a lot on Windsors found their way into them :)

well you get the idea :D