SBF Rear Sump Oil Pan (Fox Body?)

289 - 351 cid Small Block Performance
lavron
Site Admin

SBF Rear Sump Oil Pan (Fox Body?)

Post by lavron »

Does anyone have a small block oil pan laying around they could measure for me, maybe even a rear sump fox body pan?

I have to custom build an oil pan for my 250 so I can have a rear sump pan and was wondering if I could use the bottom of a rear sump SBF pan and marry it to my 250 pan for the MII front end so I was looking for the measurement of mostly width of the V8 pan.

I can buy new SBF pans pretty cheap with the extended pickup (which I am sure I would have to modify) and of course there is nothing available for 250-6, I had thought to try and find a 200 rear sump pan and fit the two together but they are not that easy to find.

Just asking if someone has easy access to a pan they can measure, otherwise I can come up with something, there are a lot of engines laying around the scrap yard.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Re: SBF Rear Sump Oil Pan (Fox Body?)

Post by poboyjo65 »

I have one under my workbench still on a motor,I think it is from an early bronco,kind of a double sump. it looks just like the 5.0 motor pans though I'm not sure. do you want the measurement from bolt hole center to bolt hole center on width? I think I can put two framing squares together & use like a big slide caliper. I'll go have a look .
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

from outside of pan to outside in front is 9.5''. I couldn't get to the bolt holes.
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

poboyjo65 wrote:from outside of pan to outside in front is 9.5''. I couldn't get to the bolt holes.
No that will work John, thanks, I will measure the 250 tomorrow, it has been in the vat of degreaser for the last 4 days or so.

I would just be using the pan bottom and not the flange anyway.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

A sbf pan get more narrow in the back. If that is the part you need it will be less than the 9 1/2''. I can't get to the back of the engine right now to measure the back. I just happen to think about what you were thinking of doing, you need the rear part, right?

in this aftermarket diagram looks like 9'' wide at the rear sump so that's probably about what a stock pan is too.
https://www.cantonracingproducts.com/pr ... G-OIL-PAN/
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

This is the measure on the 250 oil pan.

Maybe I have something I can mod it looks like the dimensions are not too far off.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

I'll check and see the if I have any Fox 'Stang pans @ the moment & measure if so!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

I have a new double sump pan with pickup that came on my crate motor which I will never use. Probably not what you are looking for and may not be of any use to you but have it if it can be used by someone. Got a water pump and flywheel too.
Ron

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Comechero65 wrote:I have a new double sump pan with pickup that came on my crate motor which I will never use. Probably not what you are looking for and may not be of any use to you but have it if it can be used by someone. Got a water pump and flywheel too.
Ron
Actually Ron that might be exactly what I am looking for, does it have the small sump on front and the larger one to the rear? I nerd to be able to get over the top of the MII crossmember and steering rack, shoot me a PM and we can we work out details if you are interested on getting rid of them, I would rather pay someone here than Summit or the like :P Of course I need to make sure it will work but it is looking like it should, I will need to fab the pickup as well I am sure, but hopefully I can attach the long SBF pickup tube to a 250 tube.
Rocket989 wrote:I'll check and see the if I have any Fox 'Stang pans @ the moment & measure if so!
That would be great Rocket if not too much trouble.

My hope is I can do this without ruining the 250 pan because I will have to go junkyard searching again if I do.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

pm sent.