Aluminum intake

289 - 351 cid Small Block Performance
tinnocker

Aluminum intake

Post by tinnocker »

Are all dual plane 4 barrel aluminum intakes for 289-302 about the same or is there one that stands out from the rest? It is for a mild street build that will never see a drag strip. I know a stock cast one would work for that situation but the aluminum looks better. I will stay away from the Chinese copies on Ebay and I know if buying used to watch out for stripped holes or sloppy porting. Any thing else to look out for or just buy new?

Bad Brad

Re: Aluminum intake

Post by Bad Brad »

I have always liked the edelbrock performer rpm. My last 351w build I had a weiand stealth and it worked out really well. For the most part, they are going to perform relatively close to each other.
We all pay the price for having something unique!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

have stealth intake,edelbrock performor RPM cam,on my 5.0 ,84 capri,289 heads,long headers,2-chamber flow-master mufflers--this set up,runs good and has a tuff sound,and works good playing on street.ON wifes 1956 ford with 351 windser..performer intake,performer cam,at first,had stock heads,ran good,now it has alum heads,seems to run about the same,but looks better.I have performer rpm cam,in my COMET.JMO over all,its hard to beat stealth intake and edelbrk performer RPM cam,,,look at rpm range of your cam....match it up with intake...it'll work every thing has to work to gether.this is JMO this works for me,ther is way smarter people on this site than me.good-luck in what ever you choose and build..POP
pop/glenda

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Edelbrock RPM Air Gap is my favorite but I think any of the latest versions on a street engine would be fine.I just helped swap a 302 into an ex- 6 popper 65 Comet,we used an Edelbrock Performer,600 Holley combo on a mild build,seems to work very well. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals