Want Better Sounding Pipes?

289 - 351 cid Small Block Performance
sursmilie64

Re: Want Better Sounding Pipes?

Post by sursmilie64 »

I like the race mufflers from speedway. $10. They are 3 inch and reducers are needed. They make my V8 pinto sound bossy. Exhaust is a to each his own thing.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

My dear old dad, that was a secret hot rodder (I knew he was, but it only came out occasionally) always had me put glass packs on everything, when we put the 302 police interceptor in my '62 Ford PU, he talked me into 24" glass packs put on backwards (with the louvers pointing toward the rear) we just had them dumping right behind the cab, sounded good, may consider that on the Comet but putting them in the rear if I can reach that far, otherwise they will have to go right in front of the rear axle.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

I've always been partial to glasspacks. When I built mine I used Cherry Bomb turbos but wasn't happy with the sound. Too subdued for me. So swapped them out with 22" Cherry Bomb glasspacks. They weren't marked in and out but i also install them with the louvers pointing to the outlet. To me they sound damb good and very little drone from them. Can't keep my foot out of it because of the sound. The neighbors know when I come and go! :D :lol: :wink:
Ron