Round body AFX style hood scoops?

The Round Body, Finned Comets
62Cometman

Round body AFX style hood scoops?

Post by 62Cometman »

Hey guys ive been looking around for something to give my car a more aggressive look and found 2 different round body cars with afx style hood scoops on them and i gotta say they look good but i cant for the life of me find where they might have gotten them? If they are a custom piece are what are they starting with for the scoop shape? Do you guys think it would be worth the time investment or should i just go with the ol tear drop and stick with a more traditional look?

I like this one especially
62 Comet 170, dagneham trans, 2.8 7.25 rear 260 T5 8 inch swap planned for the future.

poboyjo65

Re: Round body AFX style hood scoops?

Post by poboyjo65 »

IMO the teardrop would look more ''at home'' ,or period correct. those in the pics look to be one of a kind - fabbed.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

X2 ..IMO teardrop is the way to go !!......those twin scoop hoods look the best on 65's with the stacked headlights,that's just POP's take on it... :wink: good luck in your pick :)
pop/glenda

bmmaurer

Post by bmmaurer »

Ugg Lee...

62Cometman

Post by 62Cometman »

Does anyone have suggestions on how to glass to steel??? or at least make it hold? Ive heard some ol boys use rivets to hold the scoop on and then just glass and bondo the seams to make it look good
62 Comet 170, dagneham trans, 2.8 7.25 rear 260 T5 8 inch swap planned for the future.

StPro

Post by StPro »

I would use the newer products to glue on quarter panels. You could also use epoxy resin not polyester resin.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

62Cometman wrote:Does anyone have suggestions on how to glass to steel??? or at least make it hold? Ive heard some ol boys use rivets to hold the scoop on and then just glass and bondo the seams to make it look good
That would work but it will crack over time. Do as St Pro said and use a newer panel adhesive like 3M's 08115.

Lou