'63 Comet Custom 2 dr. hardtop coupe

The Round Body, Finned Comets
Flip

'63 Comet Custom 2 dr. hardtop coupe

Post by Flip »

We are totally restoring a '63 comet. When acquired, it was just the shell of the car, all the trim was in the backseat, no motor, nothing under the hood...but did have a quality paint job. As of now, we have a 302 under the hood, Hedman hedders, AC, front disc brakes.

We are limited in space with the 302, and the guys have tried several fans, but have yet to find one that will fit and produce the cooling necessary for non-highway use...that is, in town driving, idling, etc. Any suggestions on a type of fan we might try? We have tried four or five fans to no avail.

The aluminum trim on the sides is most all on, but some areas where there's no way to put nuts on the mounting clips from the inside still presents a problem. Does anyone have knowledge of the particular clips that will fit in the aluminum trim and lock in to the vehicle?

We have the rear bumper on, but we do not have some type of molding that goes underneath between the bumper and the frame to keep rocks, etc., from coming up and hitting the back of the car from underneath. I think the item(s) is a bumper deflector or some other similar name. I have not been able to find them listed anywhere.

Any help with any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

poboyjo65

Re: '63 Comet Custom 2 dr. hardtop coupe

Post by poboyjo65 »

Not familiar with A 63 but it is mostly a rubber seal behind the rear bumper. I think I used one for a falcon on my 65.

JMO,but the stock radiator is barely adequate at best, when everything is right. People get by with them but I like extra big rads, if a problem pops up you have a little leeway. I think mine would idle until it ran out of gas.
Johno