Compatible parts?

The Round Body, Finned Comets
BobatheFett84

Compatible parts?

Post by BobatheFett84 »

I have a 1962 170 that needs new brakes, control arms, and spindles. A local guy is parting out his 65 falcon and its also a 6 cylinder. Are these parts compatible? I read somewhere that 62' parts are weaker and should upgrade. Should I jump on this?
He's No Good to me Dead!

62Cometman

Re: Compatible parts?

Post by 62Cometman »

Yes but you will need everything, upper and lower control arms as well as the spindles. You will also need the idler arm and draglink, tie rods essentially everything off that vehicle save the pitman arm and steering box to swap over. you can keep the original springs but the rest would have to go also try to get the sway bar if hes offering, should be an upgrade from what you currently have.
62 Comet 170, dagneham trans, 2.8 7.25 rear 260 T5 8 inch swap planned for the future.

poboyjo65

Re: Compatible parts?

Post by poboyjo65 »

62Cometman wrote:Yes but you will need everything, upper and lower control arms as well as the spindles. You will also need the idler arm and draglink, tie rods essentially everything off that vehicle save the pitman arm and steering box to swap over. you can keep the original springs but the rest would have to go also try to get the sway bar if hes offering, should be an upgrade from what you currently have.
dont forget the strut rods!

But you'd be much better off to go to 65 V8 manual steering parts including spindles. this would greatly improve the driveability of your car. & replacement parts are then much cheaper because they are mustang parts, all but the centerlink.
Johno