1963 Comet A/C

The Round Body, Finned Comets
classiccomet

1963 Comet A/C

Post by classiccomet »

Hi,

I'm Will and I'm new here. I just bought a 1963 Comet Custom sedan with less than 45,000 original miles. It's in great condition, all original, and a true survivor! I am debating putting a/c in the car (and have the option to buy an original one out of a '64). Would this be recommended? Would it detract from the car's value to have a factory a/c from a '64 in it? Help!

popscomet

Re: 1963 Comet A/C

Post by popscomet »

PUT ac in there,I don't see any value being lost what so ever,I would think it would bring a few dollars more if you was to sell it,by having air..as far as a 64 unit -it don't matter always keep the thought,,it's my car and I'm gonna do it my way,make it enjoyable for me to own and drive...with that being said------WELCOME to a great site,we're glad your here ,if you need any thing just ask ,LOTS of good smart folks waiting and wanting to help you...... 8) :D pop :D
pop/glenda

classiccomet

Post by classiccomet »

Thank you so much!

comethead

Post by comethead »

Take all you can from that 64. Remember that the a/c system has the hang on evaporator/bracket as well as the compressor and mount bracket/hardware. Take all the lines and grommets/clamps, filter and condensor. Even if the parts are bad they will be useful for comparison for new parts.
Is it a 260 in your car or 6?

Welcome!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

classiccomet

Post by classiccomet »

Sadly, the previous owners removed the a/c unit from the interior only, but at least it's a start. Their '64 has been gone for a while. :(

My car has the 170 cu.in. 6 cylinder. Mercury said it was 101-hp, it's pretty good for what it is. :) I know Mercury also offered a 144 cu. in with 85-hp... Does anyone have one? Thoughts?

bartonwiz

1963 Comet A/C

Post by bartonwiz »

Hi Stephen
I am just getting ready to get my Comet unpacked so will be following this thread
as well.
What persentage did you need to enlarge the plan from the book to make it 1:6 scale.
It would be very useful if you know.

Regards

Dererk

bartonwiz

I just want to know

Post by bartonwiz »

after how much time do I need to consider changing my childrens shoes for new ones? I have noticed the kids ruin the shoes in a matter of days and I know this should not be happening thus prompting me to ask for advice. Are there any special shoes I could get that will last longer?

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Children learn by EXAMBLE,,,look at your self before you get down on the kid.....pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Hey Pop at least this shoe fettish has a COMET, probably packed full of odd shoes & socks & laces. this shoe thing cracks me up :!: people actually sit around & talk about Shoes? its killin me :!: :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THINK he realy owns one ??pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

popscomet wrote:THINK he realy owns one ??pop
A shoe? I have one...somewhere... :|

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

I were boots so problem sovled.

Classic, welcome to the forum, as far as A/C it would make it more enjoyable for most so as Pop mentioned might add a dime to it if you ever sell it. It could be a detractor in a muscle car for some but as the crowd buying/owning them gets older we are appreciating A/C more. I still prefer not at this point but my wife rather drive something else in the summer for that reason. Not sure how much it is gonna lug the engine down but you can always just use it at high speeds. Stick around alot to learn here.
Careful your character's showing!

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

I'm going to recommend that you call classic air and see what they can do for you. I have been very happy with their products and especially their service.

LR
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.