who makes door panels

The Round Body, Finned Comets
dmsteen

who makes door panels

Post by dmsteen »

does anybody know who makes door panels for a 63 convert ? they are the reg ones not the S-22style

thanx dave

comethead

Re: who makes door panels

Post by comethead »

Try this guy http://home.earthlink.net/~falconcomet1963/

And make sure your sitting down when you hear the prices :wink:

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

dmsteen

Post by dmsteen »

thax i;ve talk to them they try and push the falcon panels ones like mine they want 600 which i thought was a little steep

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

Try "Original Falcon Interiors". I think their in Washington state. They recently quoted me $450 for a set. These were for my S-22 though. Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

dmsteen

Post by dmsteen »

thanx but its the same place I don't understand the price difference between the 2

albert

Post by albert »

You got to talk to this guy and be nice and negotiate. I bought my Caliente black seat upholstery from him for 2 bucket seats and rear, including cyclone badge inserts for less than $600, also bought a center console, carpet, sunvisors and a few other items. I had no problems with him. Told him the center console was very worn and not worth the price, he gave me a $100 back on my credit card.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

dmsteen

Post by dmsteen »

I just found another website sms auto interiors so I;m checking into them also

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

The problem with the guy in Washington is he has no customer service skills, the product is good. On the door panels I would get pictures from him of what he is gonna send, the ones he said where right for Aunt Lou were completely different than the originals and he cant get the correct ones. He seemed to get irritated when I told him they were wrong. Mark, not sure if your's are different than mine but he didn't have them, at least not in red. He does get new stuff regularly though so maybe.

His is a case were he could have extracted a grand or so more from me if he had only been decent to deal with. But I really cant complain about the quality or the accuracy of the covers I bought or the price for that matter.
Careful your character's showing!

wgreggking

Post by wgreggking »

this guy on eBay says he can make a set of panels, in other fabrics and colors, $299 for the set pictured is not too bad. I'm not too familiar with the earlier comets.http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Mercury-Co ... fa&vxp=mtr
Image 64 caliente 302 auto