63 Comet 2 dr hard top 260 4speed

The Round Body, Finned Comets
poboyjo65

Re: 63 Comet 2 dr hard top 260 4speed

Post by poboyjo65 »

Rarerat wrote:Got the new 15x6 Torque Thrusts on the rear with 205/65 tires. They fit really nice although the driver side seems to have about 1/2 more clearance than the passenger side, but both side clear with out having the roll the fender lips.

I have all but about given up trying to locate a new pitman arm so I guess it's just time to start trying to accumulate all the parts to do the 65 steering swap.

Thanks again for everyone's help thus far.
They look great!!! :D :wink: :) :P
Johno

Rarerat

Post by Rarerat »

Thank you sir

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

you did good !! that old man that owns the 2 63's that I ran across last year won't part out,,he's over a 2hr drive from me ,but soon I'll be going that way to check out the deer camp,from all the stroms that have been blowing thru there and I'll hit him again about selling parts ......those whls look darn good on a white comet.............pop 8)
pop/glenda

Rarerat

Post by Rarerat »

popscomet wrote:you did good !! that old man that owns the 2 63's that I ran across last year won't part out,,he's over a 2hr drive from me ,but soon I'll be going that way to check out the deer camp,from all the stroms that have been blowing thru there and I'll hit him again about selling parts ......those whls look darn good on a white comet.............pop 8)
Thank you sir.

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Rarerat wrote:I got a little time this afternoon so I put a carb kit in it so it will quit leaking gas everywhere. I still need to pull the tank and clean or replace it. I did blow out the fuel line and it was pretty nasty with chunks of rust so I'm guessing the the tank will need replaced. I put it on the lift and gave it a quick look over, but I didnt see anything that looked like it had been welded as my father in law said, so I need to talk to him again and see if he remembers what it was exactly. Everything is grimy as hell about what you would expect on a 50+ year old car but at first glance the car looks very solid. The front strut rods or what ever you call them need bushings because about have of them are missing.

Nothing else in the front suspension really jumped out at me.

The rust in the rear is about what I expected.. The driver side is by far the worst even the trunk drop off is pretty far gone.

The passenger side is better.

Anyone know a front disc brake kit that fits these things that is no too expensive? I need to go through all the brakes and it would be nice to just swap to disc over the factory drums.

A little late, sorry..... but I used the csrp kit on mine. Pretty nice, bolts right on. I also got rid of power steering, well it was mainly gotten rid of before I got it, I just finished that part. Used one of those power to manual converter things. Seems to work fine. While I was doing all this, I went ahead and did control arms, springs, most of the rest of the front suspension stuff.

Rarerat

Post by Rarerat »

rjones35 wrote:

A little late, sorry..... but I used the csrp kit on mine. Pretty nice, bolts right on. I also got rid of power steering, well it was mainly gotten rid of before I got it, I just finished that part. Used one of those power to manual converter things. Seems to work fine. While I was doing all this, I went ahead and did control arms, springs, most of the rest of the front suspension stuff.

Thanks for the info I will look into one of those kits. I might keep my eyes open for a good parts car, it might be cheeper in the long run.