63 Comet 2 dr hard top 260 4speed

The Round Body, Finned Comets
popscomet

Re: 63 Comet 2 dr hard top 260 4speed

Post by popscomet »

POP knows where your heart really is,,AUNT LOU is your pick,and we all know that,the mopars are 2nd and thats OK !! see ya soon,and take care POP (besides a man has to have some other interest in life,even POP,I live and breath FORDS,but I also like tractors,I have 2 fords and 2 other brands)........... :wink: :o :D :lol: :!:
pop/glenda

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

You are so diverse Pop!

Rarerat what is the latest on your car, ready to sell it to me yet? I would love a road trip from New Mexico don't think I have ever been.
Careful your character's showing!

Rarerat

Post by Rarerat »

mopar 346 wrote:I have a stocker S-22 V8 2 speed, white with red known as Aunt Lou, she is a sweet driving little car and one of my favorites but I gotta admit I wise she was a 4 gear. That said I would vote leave her the way Merc built her, I would even consider getting her running and drive the devil out of her like she is for awhile. What other cars do you have, as you can see, I have other interest as well and these tolerate me pretty well.

Good luck keep us posted on the progress.
Thank you, wow did time get away from me this year. :oops: I am so embarrassed to say, I have not touched the Comet as of yet.
Since you asked & please dont hold it against me, but my other cars are ...

68 Camaro SSRS 396
68 Camaro Convertible
69 Camaro Z/28
66 Mustang GT
47 Chevy Coupe

Tbart

Post by Tbart »

Only one I've ever seen and I've always got my eyes open for these type cars. I would not be surprised if it was the only one that exists. Rare as can be and would be a shame to permanently modify. I hate to be one of those guys but I bet it's impossible to find another like it. Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it. No way. It would be very unique as a well restored car. But very rare does not always equate to great value. I hope it is preserved so that all can be known.

Tbart

Post by Tbart »

Rarerat, I think your collection is awesome. Anyone who doesn't like that Camaro trio has got a screw loose. I'm a true blue Ford guy but let's be real.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL,POP has a screw loose,,,,I wouldn't spite in your ear if your damn brains were on FIRE for anything GM ever built and you call your self a true blue FORD fan ?? who really has the screw loose..your just a wanna be true FORD FAN......POP
pop/glenda

Rarerat

Post by Rarerat »

Tbart wrote:Only one I've ever seen and I've always got my eyes open for these type cars. I would not be surprised if it was the only one that exists. Rare as can be and would be a shame to permanently modify. I hate to be one of those guys but I bet it's impossible to find another like it. Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it. No way. It would be very unique as a well restored car. But very rare does not always equate to great value. I hope it is preserved so that all can be known.
Thank you. My plans are to keep it original, other than maybe a set of wheels.

Rarerat

Post by Rarerat »

Tbart wrote:Rarerat, I think your collection is awesome. Anyone who doesn't like that Camaro trio has got a screw loose. I'm a true blue Ford guy but let's be real.
Thank you for the kind words sir.

Rarerat

Post by Rarerat »

popscomet wrote:WELL,POP has a screw loose,,,,I wouldn't spite in your ear if your damn brains were on FIRE for anything GM ever built and you call your self a true blue FORD fan ?? who really has the screw loose..your just a wanna be true FORD FAN......POP

Pop,
I figured I had maybe upset a few people with that post when I originally posted it & included the pictures as the silence was deafening. I edited it and removed all the pictures a couple months back as I am not here to cause trouble or bruise egos. :roll: Yes I do own 4 classic Chevys, but I also own two FOMOCO products, & love them just as much as my mean old nasty Chevrolets. Gee... If I told you I also drive a Dodge truck every day will that make me even more of a bad guy?? :wink:

All joking aside, I am sorry you feel that way, I feel it's a little short sided, but it's 100% your right.. so rant on.. I just really hope if I am ever on fire, your not the only guy around with a fire extinguisher. :D

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Rarerat wrote:
popscomet wrote:WELL,POP has a screw loose,,,,I wouldn't spite in your ear if your damn brains were on FIRE for anything GM ever built and you call your self a true blue FORD fan ?? who really has the screw loose..your just a wanna be true FORD FAN......POP

Pop,
I figured I had maybe upset a few people with that post when I originally posted it & included the pictures as the silence was deafening. I edited it and removed all the pictures a couple months back as I am not here to cause trouble or bruise egos. :roll: Yes I do own 4 classic Chevys, but I also own two FOMOCO products, & love them just as much as my mean old nasty Chevrolets. Gee... If I told you I also drive a Dodge truck every day will that make me even more of a bad guy?? :wink:

All joking aside, I am sorry you feel that way, I feel it's a little short sided, but it's 100% your right.. so rant on.. I just really hope if I am ever on fire, your not the only guy around with a fire extinguisher. :D
EVERY THING is cool ,man....I just threw that post out there to see if I could get a RISE out of someone,,OL' POP don't care what you own build or drive,,,,POP is a 100% died in the wool a FORD man,but I don't exspect every one to be like me..after all thats what makes this hobby so great....I like for other people to build other brands ,,that way it saves more FORDS for me to try and get my hands on !AND if you ever catch on fire ,you can depend on OL POP to throw the 1st bucket of water your way......and just for kickers..my oldest grd son is building a IMCA dirt track car out in my shop as we post and it will be powered by a bow tie,,but he has a sponser for his motors,they are free to him,when 1 blows ,,he goes and turns it in and picks up another one..his other race car is a ford and a local FORD dealership helps sponser's it. have a great day and good luck with your hot rods.....POP
pop/glenda

Tbart

Post by Tbart »

We already know that Pop, about the screw I mean. Do you know why I like Fords? Among many other things, when I was a kid in the 60s, Fords that could really run were outnumbered underdogs.I've always rooted for the underdog,cuz I'M AN UNDERDOG! When it came to stock muscle cars on the street, a typical Mustang owner had a 289 2barrel in 67 and would be obliterated by the "typical" 67 Camaro with a 327 4v 4 speed. were there exceptions? Sure! And those are the guys I rooted for. The only guy I ever saw "clean house" at the street drags with a Ford had a built to the gills 64 Comet. I bought that Comet. It looked exactly like yours. Maybe a little rougher. I've been hooked on 64 Comets ever since. Why? SOMEBODY HAD TO STOP THE CHEVYS! The killer beast of all was the 68 SS396 Camaro. Face the facts Pop, the SS396 was common to see and ruled the street. Ford had nothing that would run with it without a LOT of mechanizatorationating. 427FE you say? Yeah,but rare as chicken teeth. Nobody had them. A mystic legend in my neighborhood anyway. Yet the pimply faced kid who worked at the car wash somehow could manage to get hold of a 67=8 SS396 Camaro or Super Sport Chevelle. Not until the 1969 Mach1 was there an answer for an SS and even then it was VERY dicey for a street driven Ford to top that common as dirt SS396. My Ford motorhead life has been consumed with trying to prove it can be done. Not for the honor of the Ford Motor Company. For the honor of 64 Comets and God.1 Cor 1:27 "for God chose the foolish things of the world[Fords] to put to shame the wise,[Camaro engineers] And God chose the weak things of the world [289s] to put to shame the things that are mighty.[SS396] So you see Pop, it's not that Fords are so great if you clean some Chevys clock. It's that God made YOU great and endowed you with the ability to turn that 18 second Comet into a Chevy killer. It didn't do it by itself. Now glue a little chrome fish to the back of that GD Comet and use a little red Loctite on them screws. To me, it's about takin somethin that aint, and makin it somethin that is. I also heard there's a nut loose behind the wheel in your Comet. Better tighten that one while yer at it. You're a good man Pop. But I'd tone down the Chevy rant when a 68 SS396 Camaro with some sticky mickeys pulls up next to you at a red light. He might "inspire" you. [Ford brain screw torque spec is 17 in lbs. You better twist up to 20 and don't forget the red loctite] Love ya Comet brother!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

TBART,,how old are you ?? you say you were a kid in the 60's?POP was a teenager in the 60's,,you can build up all the GM products you want ,you'll never change my mind....I DO NOT LIKE THEM....and I've tried them ..POP has owned 56 2-57's a 63impala and a 64 and bought a new 80 cuttles supreme because my wife wanted one and a 53 GMC pu....I do not like them,,like I said it don't bother me what you or anyone else buys builds or owns,,,,I'm a true blue FORD man ,I can not start to list the ford products that I own and have LIC'S and insurance on,,I know lots of people that drive GM,,but that's as far as it goes,my true friends drive a FORD..I don't know you and FOR sure you don't know POP..I could care less about what you just posted and the bottom line is I do not care for a GM product,to me they are over rated,,,,when a comperision was made between a ford and a GM,,read the whole report,,they'll take a 4 bbl 350 with a better gear and a 4spd and compare it to a ford with a low comp 302 at with a 308 rear gear with a 2bbl....FORD,drop the F,add an L and you have LORD,,,,that says it all for POP...T-BART there is nothing you or anyone else can say to me that will ever make me like a GM,,,,have seen fords get a raw deal at car shows and at a race track,just cause they were FORDS,,,,all your reasoning and other stuff you posted ,it's for naught when it comes to OL POP.I surround myself with good people and family and friends and FORDS,,this GM powered race car my grd son is building out in my shop at this very minute is his baby,POP has nothing to do with it,,I don't even help him...he got the sponser so it's his thing,not POP's,,ON the nights he drives both cars ,I'll pull his ford race car and HE will haul the GM powered car TBART when it comes to all this stuff you post ,leave POP out of it if it pretains to a GM product.LIKE I said you don't know POP and POP don't know you,but maybe we can shake hands in JUNE at PF.
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:TBART,,how old are you ?? you say you were a kid in the 60's?POP was a teenager in the 60's,,you can build up all the GM products you want ,you'll never change my mind....I DO NOT LIKE THEM....and I've tried them ..POP has owned 56 2-57's a 63impala and a 64 and bought a new 80 cuttles supreme because my wife wanted one and a 53 GMC pu....I do not like them,,like I said it don't bother me what you or anyone else buys builds or owns,,,,I'm a true blue FORD man ,I can not start to list the ford products that I own and have LIC'S and insurance on,,I know lots of people that drive GM,,but that's as far as it goes,my true friends drive a FORD..I don't know you and FOR sure you don't know POP..I could care less about what you just posted and the bottom line is I do not care for a GM product,to me they are over rated,,,,when a comperision was made between a ford and a GM,,read the whole report,,they'll take a 4 bbl 350 with a better gear and a 4spd and compare it to a ford with a low comp 302 at with a 308 rear gear with a 2bbl....FORD,drop the F,add an L and you have LORD,,,,that says it all for POP...T-BART there is nothing you or anyone else can say to me that will ever make me like a GM,,,,have seen fords get a raw deal at car shows and at a race track,just cause they were FORDS,,,,all your reasoning and other stuff you posted ,it's for naught when it comes to OL POP.I surround myself with good people and family and friends and FORDS,,this GM powered race car my grd son is building out in my shop at this very minute is his baby,POP has nothing to do with it,,I don't even help him...he got the sponser so it's his thing,not POP's,,ON the nights he drives both cars ,I'll pull his ford race car and HE will haul the GM powered car TBART when it comes to all this stuff you post ,leave POP out of it if it pretains to a GM product.LIKE I said you don't know POP and POP don't know you,but maybe we can shake hands in JUNE at PF.
also a 51 52 and a 53 chevy.....I gave GM a good shot in my life,but they just never could do for me what a FORD does
pop/glenda

Tbart

Post by Tbart »

Maybe I'm not as true blue as I thought I was. I've told my story. This I do know. Out of the hundreds of cars I've bought and sold and owned and driven, the only ones I've ever loved were Fords or Mercs. When I had enough money to finally get the car of my dreams, it was a '64 Comet Cyclone with a solid straight body and not much else. If it's going to represent me in the classic car world, you can bet it's a Ford and that I've been through every nut and bolt and screw on it. Pop, I doubt there's any difference between you and me in that area. I respect brand loyalty. A friend of mine is a Rambler fanatic. "If it ain't a Rambler,it's crap" is his favorite 3rd beer saying. Chevy and Mopar guys are the same way. My own brother is convinced that his 52 Buick Special 4dr is the most powerful machine that rolls. To me, there is something to like about all of them. And if it weren't for the competition, where would Fords be? The give and take between the big three inspired some awesome stuff from all of them. When I see something like a 68 SS396 Camaro, to me, that was just a glove slap to Ford. Thankfully,they answered with stuff like the 428 Cobra Jet and Boss 429. But I have got to say, I respect Camaros for being good cars and making Ford "up their game". If I owned Rarerats Camaro collection, I'd keep them shined up real nice in my imaginary Jay Leno type car collection barn with a nice little plaque that read "This is why Fords had to get serious in 1969" I hope I get a chance to shake your hand in PF in June. Maybe I'll bring my Buick brother, he'll really give you a stroke when he tells you what he thinks about anything that isn't a straight 8 Buick.

Tbart

Post by Tbart »

Pop, I'm not trying to make anyone like or dislike anything. Just the way I look at this old argument about Fords and GMs. To me, Chevys get 2 stars out of a possible 5 just for being American.