64 Caliente 2 dr htp 6 cyl

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
albert

64 Caliente 2 dr htp 6 cyl

Post by albert »

https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/6051361766.html

Looks like a nice car for the money, wish I had more garage space............
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

poboyjo65

Re: 64 Caliente 2 dr htp 6 cyl

Post by poboyjo65 »

You should go get that Albert! flip it , or add on to your garage! :D
Johno

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

That's an awesome deal (unless I'm missing something)!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

comethead

Post by comethead »

Sweet car!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Loner

Post by Loner »

Looks like one nice car for the price.
If it was closer I would jump on that deal.

Matt

Groover

Post by Groover »

omg
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

albert

Post by albert »

I would go and see it however I am going to Florida on business on Saturday, also getting to Medford in Long Island is a drive through hell for me from Central/South NJ, takes about 2 to 3 hours to get there not to mention about $50 in tolls and dealing with crazy NY drivers. Wish it was closer and more convenient and I would check it out for anyone on the Forum interested. Also thought it could be some kind of scam at that price?
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

albert

Post by albert »

poboyjo65 wrote:You should go get that Albert! flip it , or add on to your garage! :D
Johno, those days are gone now, I live in an active adult community where you cannot add onto anything and they got rules worse than grade school. Neighbors already complain about me working on my car in the driveway, painting in the garage etc etc and that my exhausts are too loud. Speed limit is 25mph and they send me letters all the time about speeding. I go down to my daughters house nearby to get away from all these silly old people.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

CAN YOU POOT OUTSIDE ?? :shock: reckon walking out on the porch in the middle of the night to take a WHIZ is unheard of :!: :roll: :wink: pop is just messin wit ya !! ALBERT..... :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

albert wrote:
poboyjo65 wrote:You should go get that Albert! flip it , or add on to your garage! :D
Johno, those days are gone now, I live in an active adult community where you cannot add onto anything and they got rules worse than grade school. Neighbors already complain about me working on my car in the driveway, painting in the garage etc etc and that my exhausts are too loud. Speed limit is 25mph and they send me letters all the time about speeding. I go down to my daughters house nearby to get away from all these silly old people.
Well you figured out how to get in there, guess if you get enough of it you figure a way out of there. :lol: Just kiddin big Al ! we had a hot shot codes enforcer here for a while. A guy I already could not stand. he had a plumming store before that. walked in there to get some pvc drain pipe, I said I need some 1 1/4'' pipe, he said what are ya workin on? I said an old sink, he said then you need 1 1/2'' ,I said normally I'd agree but this is old give me the 1 1/4''! he comes back with it rings it up, I look down at the blue print on pipe> 1 1/2'' I said I need 1 1/4 didnt you hear me? he said if your working on a sink this is what you need. I looked at him & said No that is what you think I need, & then looked at his wife & ask her ,y'all dont have 1 1/4, if not they do down the road? she said wait a minute, came back with it he stormed off she rung me up. that is the kind of guy he was. so when he got his job I had to haul off an old truck & car to scrap or city would haul it off & charge me for the tow.After about a year & a new mayor & several complaints they figured out he didnt have the qualifications to earn what he did so they demoted him so much he got mad & quit. Hilter is what we called him. Moral of the story? I dont have one, It just came to mind :roll:
Johno

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

I've dealt with that kinda BS! Back in the day Mom's house was down the street from a K-6 school. Kids would ride bikes through the corner of the yard instead of on the sidewalk. A poor kiddo fell and broke his wrist on the landscape timbers around a flower bed.

Kids folks came railing at Mom that evening. None of us boys liked to see Mom upset. We were there so I said "I'm sorry, but how about they ride the sidewalk or street and not the yard?" Couple days later a stubby little s*** from the City in RayBan's came out and said we needed to pull the timbers out. I told him it was private property!! Guess not enough...said the city would fine Mom $xxx/ day (can't remember) for some BS part of it. I wanted to belt that runty a-hole BAD...but not worth the grief... I looked at Mom and she knew what I WANTED to do. Instead, I pulled the timbers out... :x :? :P
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

albert

Post by albert »

popscomet wrote:CAN YOU POOT OUTSIDE ?? :shock: reckon walking out on the porch in the middle of the night to take a WHIZ is unheard of :!: :roll: :wink: pop is just messin wit ya !! ALBERT..... :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
Pop, I am from Canada originally and didn't move to New Jerkey until I was 33, so I know how to poo outside with the bears in the woods and I can WHIZ farther than anyone off a dock into a lake. I can even sign my name by whizzing in the snow!

loman

Post by loman »

albert wrote:
popscomet wrote:CAN YOU POOT OUTSIDE ?? :shock: reckon walking out on the porch in the middle of the night to take a WHIZ is unheard of :!: :roll: :wink: pop is just messin wit ya !! ALBERT..... :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
Pop, I am from Canada originally and didn't move to New Jerkey until I was 33, so I know how to poo outside with the bears in the woods and I can WHIZ farther than anyone off a dock into a lake. I can even sign my name by whizzing in the snow!
Snow writing is a skill for the ages!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

all is well ! momma would never use yellow snow to make ice cream ........ :shock: :lol: :wink: :!:
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THIS is a nice looking comet for sure,,,the only thing that I would consider {think real hard on } would to get rid of the AT and make it 3spd on the column,,,,the 6 cyl motor would stay.....JMO :wink: pop
pop/glenda