Fuse Panel

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
JBL

Fuse Panel

Post by JBL »

Hi,

my 64 was missing a lot of fuses when i got the car I'mhoping anyone may be able to help me with this I'm looking for a fuse diagram that will show me what amp the fuses need to be and what they operate.....Thanks

ArkansasComet

Re: Fuse Panel

Post by ArkansasComet »

Is this what you need?

"Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Here's the details:

Jim

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

If the 64 comet is like the 64 falcon it doesn't have the fuse block as has been posted but is the style mounted directly to the headlight sw which may not have the same size and number of fuses as the 65.
Ron

ArkansasComet

Post by ArkansasComet »

I think you are right Ron, I didn't realize the '64 was different. This may be of some help:

"Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford

JBL

Post by JBL »

It is thanks for the help

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

But if you locate a 65 style fuse block you can wire that to the existing fuse block on the headlight switch then at least it will be easier access by locating it on the kick panel like the 65 and later fords. At least you won't have to stand on your head or remove the whole sw and fuse block just to change a fuse.
Ron

HOT260

Post by HOT260 »

Comechero65 wrote:If the 64 comet is like the 64 falcon it doesn't have the fuse block as has been posted but is the style mounted directly to the headlight sw which may not have the same size and number of fuses as the 65.
Ron
Does anyone have a part number for this switch with the fuse block attached? I was asking about this in a thread I started earlier.

Thanks
Burt

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

If you are asking about the 64 sw and fuse block I doubt anyone sells both together. Order them seperately if you can find them. I don't who would be a source as mine is a 65 so never had to find parts for a 64. Though you could check ebay for a seller.

Dick on TFFN posted how to wire a seperate fuse lock to the existing fuse block to get it somewhere more accessible. He also posted an article on FCA tech articles if you are a member.
Ron