1965 Caliente rear view mirror

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
cam shaft

1965 Caliente rear view mirror

Post by cam shaft »

As we try to complete the 65 Caliente project, a couple of problems are at hand. The glove box interior lite seems to be kind of rare and a tuff find, but we do remain hopeful. The major malfunction is determining the correct mirror and bracket for the rear view mirror. A glue on the windshield mirror and bracket arm was removed when we started, but we have been told there is chrome bracket which is held in place by a single screw. Would someone be willing and able to post a picture of the correct rear view mirror bracket for a 1965 Caliente?
Thank You

poboyjo65

Re: 1965 Caliente rear view mirror

Post by poboyjo65 »

Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

If the comet is similar to the falcons some bodies used the mirror mounted to the glass whereas the others used a bracket screwed to the top with 3 screws just behind the windshield. My ranchero uses the bracket with 3 screws. I have reglued a couple mirrors back to the glass in a couple vehicles.
Ron

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Ron yours is like a sedan, hardtops are mounted to the windshield like the one in the link I put up.
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

poboyjo65 wrote:Ron yours is like a sedan, hardtops are mounted to the windshield like the one in the link I put up.
I know. The falcon HT and convert had the mirror glued to the glass as did the caliente and cyclone probably.
Ron

comethead

Post by comethead »

Comechero65 wrote:
poboyjo65 wrote:Ron yours is like a sedan, hardtops are mounted to the windshield like the one in the link I put up.
I know. The falcon HT and convert had the mirror glued to the glass as did the caliente and cyclone probably.
Ron
If a Caliente is a sedan then it's screwed to the roof. It didn't matter the trim level. It was the body style that determined the mirror location. All Cyclones were hardtops so...

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

His caliente is a 2dr hardtop.
Johno

cam shaft

Post by cam shaft »

THANK YOU!

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

comethead wrote:
Comechero65 wrote:
Ron
If a Caliente is a sedan then it's screwed to the roof. It didn't matter the trim level. It was the body style that determined the mirror location. All Cyclones were hardtops so...

Joe
Why do I get hassled so much? I know more about falcons and less about comets but am always willing to learn. Just don't need to be hassled in the process. If anyone else made the same comments would they be hassled this much? If I don't know the absolute perfect answer how about discussing the subject with less harshness.
Ron

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I dont think you get hassled. but when you give out wrong info or info that doesn't pertain people will set you straight. maybe if you try believing someone who gives the answer instead of arguing & bringing up other info that doesn't pertain to the question. people are just trying to tell you the right answers, maybe you should listen sometimes.
Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

Did I say something wrong?
Ron you ended your answer with "probably". That's ambiguous.
Because a buyer could get a 4-door Caliente which would be a sedan. And sedans have the mirror mounted to the roof like a ranchero.

I don't want to beat up the subject too much. OP got his answer.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

ol'pop ,read this the other day....never pass up the chance to be silent !!!....thought that has a lot of truth in it.....so that's why OL POP has been kinda silent here lately.......some of these post gives me a chance to practice........... :shock: :lol: :lol: :wink: POP
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Many years ago I bought a pair of sun visors for my Comet off eBay, I did not realize at the time they were different between hardtops and sedans, so now someplace around here I have a set of pretty good hardtop sun visors and the ratty ones are still in the Comet. (Sedan visors clip to the mirror bracket if you are wondering why I posted this here)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

This is the style mirror that came on mine & was the standard 65 caliente HT mirror;
http://www.dearbornclassics.com/rear-vi ... -1967.html
I believe this day/night style mirror was also an option.
http://www.dearbornclassics.com/day-nig ... -1966.html

I'm not sure about the glove box light. I don't think mine has one.
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

poboyjo65 wrote:I dont think you get hassled. but when you give out wrong info or info that doesn't pertain people will set you straight. maybe if you try believing someone who gives the answer instead of arguing & bringing up other info that doesn't pertain to the question. people are just trying to tell you the right answers, maybe you should listen sometimes.
You are so wrong but that's ok everybody has an opinion just like a certain orifice. I'll just go away and won't get involved in the furure. Now who's misunderstanding?
Ron