64 gasser

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
steve5129

64 gasser

Post by steve5129 »

hey guys I know its been a while. I'm about half way threw the restoration. And so my neighbor suggested that I throw a straight axle under it. much cheaper! what do you guys think?

popscomet

Re: 64 gasser

Post by popscomet »

I have a 64 2drht that has a pro street rear end under it 33x19,5's and 40in wheel tubs,,,me and son are THINKING about doing something with it,,we thought about a straight frt axle,,,but we need to get it inside the shop and do some measuring,cause it sits low in the rear,,so that idea might not work....be sure and keep me in the loop on what route you take,,,thank you POP
pop/glenda

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

Wow I thought my 22 inch tubs were big, Do you have any pictures of the car I almost did mine in Gasser form, I love them I was not born early enough. Leny Mason

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

LENY,THIS OLD pro street comet was a thing with me 20 odd yrs ago,,somehow it got shoved on the back burner,,and life and my job took center seat.It has been sitting in the weeds forever,,,my son mentioned a few times and we get to talking and planning,then it's raceing or deer huntin season and we move on ..,,as far as pic's ,POP ain't much on pic's so don't hold your breath,,one day son and I will get all our ducks in a row,,hopefuly before OL POP gets to old to care or work,,,good luck with yours in which ever way you choose to go with it.....I know it will sharp...the best thing about this comet is you retain the rear seat....
pop/glenda

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

64 Gasser do it I have a Econoline van axle you can have, I hope you have fun witch ever way you go, give it the Onion. Leny Mason

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

LENYM wrote:64 Gasser do it I have a Econoline van axle you can have, I hope you have fun witch ever way you go, give it the Onion. Leny Mason
just might take you up on that offer....pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:
LENYM wrote:64 Gasser do it I have a Econoline van axle you can have, I hope you have fun witch ever way you go, give it the Onion. Leny Mason
just might take you up on that offer....pop
am sorry,I misread this.....pop
pop/glenda

sursmilie64

Post by sursmilie64 »

Love the gassers. Thinking about putting a straight axle under my cyclone to southeastern gasser specs . Its just killing me to cut up a cyclone. Good luck. If you put a straight axle in it it has to have a clutch,(imo).

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

ME and son are not going with a str frt axle,,WE like them but this 64 we have will not sit right as the stance will be out of whack !! to low in the rear....instead it will get a stang 2 frt end .....pop
pop/glenda

sursmilie64

Post by sursmilie64 »

Go gasser ! I asked the same thing ,See my post called survey. Hope you post pics.