Seats

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
Loner

Seats

Post by Loner »

I'm wondering what others have used for seats in their cars. I think I'm looking for something like Tomb22 has in his car. Something with a head rest and something big and comfortable in a bucket seat.
Any ideas would be helpful. I have been looking at the wrecking yards but nothing yet.

Thanks,Matt

Rocket989

Re: Seats

Post by Rocket989 »

I've seen early Fox 'Stamg Recaro's and some RX-7 buckets in Falcons/ Comets but can't readily find pics!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

I am using 2002 Monte SS seats in mine. I don't have them in yet so no pictures. I too wanted something a little bigger and more comfortable, also wanted leather and the rear seat to match the fronts. The rear seat in the Monte is pretty much the same size and fits where my Comet one was without much modification. Plus got front buckets and rear for $250 :)

Don't know how the front seats fit yet, had them sitting in the car and the physical size is good just haven't figured out how to mount them yet.

Lou

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

I got my seats out of a 2015 or 2016 Ford Fussion and they are comfortable. I did weld up some brackets to mount them
tomb's 65

Kingspeedy2

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

I got brand new seats from Scat Procar
They have low bucket ,high bucket with headrest
Check them out and they are available from Sunmit racing

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

I've used 3 sets of the Procar 90's. Good seats with a classic look. Scat will also sell you the vinyl for reupholstering the rear. I think I'm going with the Procar Elite's with lumbar this time around.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Kingspeedy2

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

I have the procar elite lumbar and also bought the mouting brackets..I think they are falcon brackets but look about right.Havent installed them yet
the upholstery is a little bunchy but I plan on having them recovered anyway.You can buy them from summit without covers as well.I bought both seats with covers so the upholsterer can use the old as pattern.Plus I was quoted about $700 CANADIAN each to have them re done in my color scheme so I may be running the original ones for a while

Loner

Post by Loner »

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Matt

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Someone on here suggest Ford Explorer/Mercury Mountaineer seats, there should be tons of those available, take a tape measure with you and confirm the size.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

I used seats out of a 97 Explorer Eddie Bauer. Before that I had 88 Dodge Daytona seats. Here is a photo.

On the Explorer seats I used some aerosol Vinyl Dye for the red. Seems to hold up ok. There are a couple spots I need to respray. They are power adjustable seats with lumbar and only need a power wire and a ground. Bolted on some angle iron brackets and they fit really good, if anything a little bit high off the floor, but not bad.
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

One other nice thing about the Explorer seats is that the seatbacks will flip forward to aid back seat access with a pull of the recline lever.
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

those seats look good,,,it's hard to beat the factory design on a 64 cal seat......pop
pop/glenda

GasserMac

Post by GasserMac »

I picked up some used 65 Mustang seats from Craigslist for my 65 Cyclone. Had my local upholstery shop touch them up. Look great. Couldn't see spending the additional $ on the Cyclone seat covers when all i really wanted was basic black.
IMO, money best spent elsewhere...Mac

StPro

Post by StPro »

I still have a pair of mustang seats for sale.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

albert

Post by albert »

Agree with POP, the factory seats are difficult to beat but they are difficult to find and can be expensive. I prefer period correct seats because they are not too bulky and don't look too modern. The early Mustang seats look appropriate and certainly Falcon and maybe Fairlane. Understand that the newer style seats have all the creature comforts but IMO they don't look like they belong in the car. You can usually find period correct bucket seats at a fair price when your not looking for them, that's how I found mine. But, it's your car and do what makes you happy. Thought I would share my "old school" opinion.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust