1965 comet radio

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
navychief

1965 comet radio

Post by navychief »

Hi I am new here , just bought a real nice 65 comet cyclone 289 hi pro and a tremic 5 speed , car has power steering like to get a adjustable pump valve to get more road feel.Any one using this valve ? heits carries them. Also car has a am radio I would like to replace it with am/fm like it to fit in dash. with out cutting anything. I know comet had an option in 65 for a ,amfm radio ,probably impossible to find an original .thanks for your help.

poboyjo65

Re: 1965 comet radio

Post by poboyjo65 »

65 comet radios are one year only. the am/fm version is rare & expensive if one pops up. You can have your am modernized with all the latest bells & whistles cheaper than getting an fm. the problem with making other radios work is 65 comet radios have really long knob stems so unless you are a guy that can alter those to work.
Johno

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

navychief wrote:Hi I am new here , just bought a real nice 65 comet cyclone 289 hi pro and a tremic 5 speed , car has power steering like to get a adjustable pump valve to get more road feel.Any one using this valve ? heits carries them. Also car has a am radio I would like to replace it with am/fm like it to fit in dash. with out cutting anything. I know comet had an option in 65 for a ,amfm radio ,probably impossible to find an original .thanks for your help.
The PS valve that Heidts sells....I think it also lowers the pressure at low speeds which hurts city driving steering ease which is what one wants PS for in the first place. Just my opinion

comethead

Post by comethead »

The Boss 302 used a larger diameter PS pump pulley to slow the pump down at high RPM.
I believe that pulley is reproduced.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed