65 DASH CLUSTER IN 64

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
HANGMAN

65 DASH CLUSTER IN 64

Post by HANGMAN »

has anyone put a 65 gauge cluster in a 64......the 65 cluster is a little more gauge friendly. thanks, rick

bearcreekson

Re: 65 DASH CLUSTER IN 64

Post by bearcreekson »

I'm working on it. The upper instrument cluster holes line up but the lowers do not, so you'll either have to weld tabs to the cluster opening and drill them for screw holes or make some kind of small bracket that will attach from the back side. The rest of the dash trim will mostly line up but the radio bezel will take some work. I ended up hacking my dash panel more than I wanted to get the alignment right. I would like to put a Dakota Digital cluster for the 65/66 Mustang into the bezel but it too will need some modification. Someone on here has already done that. If you are using a cable drive for your speedometer you should be able to use the 140 mph Mustang speedometer instead of the 120 Comet speedometer.

Comechero65

Re: 65 DASH CLUSTER IN 64

Post by Comechero65 »

The mustang speedo will fit right in in place of the comet speedo. I used the mustang speedo in my 65 comet cluster as I had whiteface overlay decals that were made for the mustang cluster. It all fit and works.
If the cluster attachment tabs are in the wrong place you could weld on new tabs.
Ron