What is this bottle @ 13 seconds?

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
The Transplanter

What is this bottle @ 13 seconds?

Post by The Transplanter »

I found one of these glass bottles in the trunk of my 65 Cyclone when I bought it, its marked "Rotunda", but has no inlets or outlets, only a lid!

What is it for???

There is one at 13 seconds in this video on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPWgEDBnOF0

Groover

Re: What is this bottle @ 13 seconds?

Post by Groover »

to refill something else... wiper washer fluid bag?
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

The Transplanter

Post by The Transplanter »

Must be something like that? Had a bit of a look around the net and wonder if it was used to store the solvent for top ups?

Just found a similar one on ebay for sale

http://www.ebay.com/itm/61-62-63-64-65- ... JF&vxp=mtr

EDIT:

The decal says:

Washer Anti-Freeze
Windshield De-Icer
Gas Line De-Icer
Bug Remover

I guess that answers my original question :D

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Washer fluid.

And I think I saw that Cyclone at the Frostproof Orange Blossom festival. It is the finest 65 I've ever seen.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Lip Ripper wrote:Washer fluid.

And I think I saw that Cyclone at the Frostproof Orange Blossom festival. It is the finest 65 I've ever seen.

Stacey
Yep I'd have to agree Stacey, beautiful, other than the dash, front and rear sheet metal,, stunning! :mrgreen:
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Funny story about those bottles. I went to a local service station owners estate sale. This would be very early 80's. They were auctioning off his 65 fordor 289 three on the tree Fairlane he'd bought new. Toad was the station owners nickname. He also did auto detailing in our small town and all of the elite's if you will had their cars cleaned there. So this car was pampered. Anyway, they got ready to auction the car and the auctioneer stated that the engine was locked up because the couldn't turn it over with the fan belt. I bought the car for $25. Of course it wouldn't turn over, it was a manual transmission and it was in gear. Anyway one of those bottles were under the hood. That bottle and bracket stayed in my tool box from then until 2009 down here in Fl. I was putting the Cyclone back together and noticed 2 holes in the left side fender apron. I pulled the bottle and bracket out, sat the bracket down to the holes and yep, she's been hangin there ever since.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I have one. I would like to find some concentrated washer fluid to go in it so I could just add some of it to water when the washer box gets filled. but for now I just put regular washer fluid in it.

Johno