San Diego Chopped ‘64 Comet

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
poboyjo65

Re: San Diego Chopped ‘64 Comet

Post by poboyjo65 »

RideAndShoot wrote:No new work on the Comet the last week, as it’s been cold as hell and raining here. Yes, it does rain once in a blue moon.
That figures,since you just deleted your heater & wipers :lol: when you say cold, how cold?

Nice bead roller, wished I would have had that for my trunk floor. :D
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Cool, I would love to have a bead roller, of course there are a lot of things I would love to have so I am not sure where that leaves me :roll:

Anyhow nice work.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

poboyjo65 wrote:
RideAndShoot wrote:No new work on the Comet the last week, as it’s been cold as hell and raining here. Yes, it does rain once in a blue moon.
That figures,since you just deleted your heater & wipers :lol: when you say cold, how cold?

Nice bead roller, wished I would have had that for my trunk floor. :D

Ha, I know. I drive my truck most days anyway(I work construction). It’s not REAL cold like the rest of the country, it’s low 40’s high 30’s at night, and 60’s during the day. Problem is, all my work is done in the alley, so the cold cuts through to my bones. Bead roller will definitely be nice for floor pans, trunk floors and stuff. Can’t wait to get decent at it.

Thanks Mike. Yeah, I definitely spend too much on tools, but they end up making me money on sidework on other people’s rides. Next up is a Finger Brake.
Chop everything, nothing is sacred.
Destroying the essence of motorcycles, one part at a time. <——— Cars now too I guess.

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

Finally, some progress! I got my A pillars completely welded up and smoothed out. Now I can get my windshield cut and installed and be back to driving it while I work on it! Stoked.

Destroying the essence of motorcycles, one part at a time. <——— Cars now too I guess.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Lookin great!
Really looking forward to seeing a side shot with the glass in,,,
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

You do some good work. 8)
Jim

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

Thanks Jim.

Fred, the guy said he can cut and install the glass next week. I dropped the windshield in place last night, and of course it sticks out where it needs to be cut, but damn if it didn’t magically make the car look lower? I can’t explain it. We have rain on the horizon, but I’ll try and get some pics from the side of how she sits with the glass laying there, over the weekend.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I still have an old superior wood steering wheel and have thought about upgrading.
Noticed yours in your latest pics, did you get it recently?
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

Nope, I’ve had that steering wheel on her since 2 weeks after I got it. Buddy gave it to me, it’s just a nice Grant with the dumb billet adapter spacer. Love the wheel though. It’s smaller, so a little more muscle to turn it, but not terrible. I’m thinking of building a new wheel, but I’m still on the fence about it. Anyways, rolled her out of my bedroom(converted garage), and taped the windshield in place(after pics). Here’s how she sits for the next week til the windshield guy is ready.

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Man, I missed a lot, that looks great man!! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

gotyurback

Post by gotyurback »

Damn, really nice!

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

Thanks guys. Windshield still isn’t cut yet, but it’s taped in place. Hopefully this week. Got the drivers seat lowered and mounted back in place so I can drive it to the windshield guy. Here’s a pic with my chopper.

Wish I had more time to work on it these last two weeks, but I converted two single car garages into a bedroom and closet these last two weeks. Framing, furring, electrical, sheetrock, mud, paint, carpet and then moving the furniture in locked my ass. Especially being only 6 month since neck surgery. Lol. Getting better every day!

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

Had some time today to mess around with Valerie. I got the driver’s door window frame shortened(height) and lengthened to accommodate the chop like I’d done already to the driver side. Have a little more finish work on the frame, then I’ll start getting the wing window dialed in. Here’s a before and after with the frame done. Really makes the chop look lower. I like it.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Cool!
Have you thought about losing the wing window,,, probably would look lower, longer,,,, better

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

SASSY wrote:Cool!
Have you thought about losing the wing window,,, probably would look lower, longer,,,, better
It was definitely in my thoughts, but I didn’t for a few reasons. One is I want to to look somewhat stock, so people scratch their heads. Two, full side glass is a giveaway for a chop since no one likes reworking wing windows. Third, because I didtched all vents/AC/heat, so the wing windows are my AC. lol.