antenae delete

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
Kingspeedy2

antenae delete

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

I think I am going to fill in the antennae hole in the fender and go with some sort of hidden antennae. Its one less thing some random idiot can snap off the car .
anybody got one ? and how do you like it

Lip Ripper

Re: antenae delete

Post by Lip Ripper »

I don't know that one is made but you might try a cock hole cover for a kitchen sink.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Mine has never had antenna(or radio) and I was going to do the same thing, I have since decided not put a radio in my Comet at all and set up something to use a smart phone/iPod in my car.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Kingspeedy2

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

I am kind of liking the iphone ipod idea,I am not a super big music listener.but my passengers may appreciate it .I was thinking of a custom console with back up camera and navigation that would hide out of site so there is most likely going to be stereo radio navigation combo component.I am Canadian so running Data on my phone In the US is prohibitively costly and I plan on doing a US road trip.
some sort of antennae would be better than none

StPro

Post by StPro »

I did antenna delete on My 71 Comet. I used a indoor Fm antenna it had a small thin wire I slid under the rear window weatherstrip. It worked great around town not so well in the boonies. I don't know how the phone will work with out internet or WiFi
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

I got this one on amazon. Works fine on strong stations, not perfect on moderate ones, and poorly on bad signals. Not near as good as a standard antennae. But it’s easy to hide. I put it up against the roof, under where my headliner would be. Lol.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000FOUW ... UTF8&psc=1
Chop everything, nothing is sacred.
Destroying the essence of motorcycles, one part at a time. <——— Cars now too I guess.

naviondude

Post by naviondude »

Doing an electric retractable power antenna in the same hole works too! Amazon has one for 60$ is decent.