Need help on installing a windshield

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
Jims65cyclone

Re: Need help on installing a windshield

Post by Jims65cyclone »

SASSY wrote:from the inside work my way around the seal with a cheap flat screwdriver that has the end bent over 90 or so degrees.
Fred...would one of those paint can lid openers like you get with a gallon of paint from Lowes or HD work? The one's with the bottle opener on one end and a 90* bend on the other?
SASSY wrote:The front I do similar, lower piece of trim and glass in seal, lay lower edge into groove and work seal in with screwdriver.
USE SEALENT IN RUBBER GROVES AND SCREW HOLES!
I didn't now I get soaked in the rain so it has to come apart again!!!!
So the bottom front trim has to go in with the window, too? That explains why mine doesn't have the bottom windshield trim installed, either. The top and side trim are installed, but not the bottom. Apparently they ignored the sealant, too, because I have a drip from the top of the windshield when raining/washing. :roll:
Jim

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

That made me cringe so bad. What a bummer!
Chop everything, nothing is sacred.
Destroying the essence of motorcycles, one part at a time. <——— Cars now too I guess.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Ya Jim, probably anything I could get in there without cutting the rubber and ya, I took the window back out myself,,,
I didn't meen to steal the thread with the pic just showing that things go wrong to all of us.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

SASSY wrote:Ya Jim, probably anything I could get in there without cutting the rubber and ya, I took the window back out myself,,,
I didn't meen to steal the thread with the pic just showing that things go wrong to all of us.
Fred
Trust me Fred ,Anybody who has this job ahead of them needs to see your pic! :lol: :lol:
step 1; look at Freds pic
step 2; clean windshield
step 3; get a buddy
step 4; show him Fred's pic
Johno