1964 Comet

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
LENYM

1964 Comet

Post by LENYM »

Hi, do all the 1964 Comet door panels have the long C on the wood insert or is it just the Caliente , I need two if any one have them Thanks Leny Mason

lavron
Site Admin

Re: 1964 Comet

Post by lavron »

LENYM wrote:Hi, do all the 1964 Comet door panels have the long C on the wood insert or is it just the Caliente , I need two if any one have them Thanks Leny Mason
Well the 202 doesn't have one for sure, or wood.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

LENYM wrote:Hi, do all the 1964 Comet door panels have the long C on the wood insert or is it just the Caliente , I need two if any one have them Thanks Leny Mason
BET that C is just on the caliente,,,,I have owned mine for so many years,,and after reading this post ,I went out in the garage and stared at for a couple of sec's and I could see the tall skinny C....I just had not payed any mind to it,just took it for piece of chrome,,boy it's narrow and tall.....bet it stands for CALIENTE not comet....( just proves that if you keep an open mind,you can learn something everyday,regardless of age :shock: :) ))thanks and good luck on your hunt...POP
pop/glenda

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

Hi, now I just need to find a couple, My seats look great I am getting excited but I have a long way to go Thanks for your help. Leny Mason

Groover

Post by Groover »

And seems I read somewhere that legend has it that Tall C was really a Tall E for Edsel and when Edsel went away, they took the middle cross mark out of the E for Edsel and it became C for Comet. Least that's what I read somewhere.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

66sevets

Post by 66sevets »

Leny, I’ve got about 8 of them. Email me rcode65 at yahoo.com. Steve M

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

Steve M I bought one on Ebay But I need the clips to attach them the one I have is missing one I do not know if the new one has clips or not i may need to buy yours for the clips thanks. Leny Mason