Facebook post

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
A/FX
Comet Central Member

Facebook post

Post by A/FX »

I do not subscribe to Facebook but I do look at the Comet pages every once and a while. (For some reason I am able to view them but not answer or contact anyone)
There was a post asking about a Clevor engine in a Comet, all the answers posted said it could not be done without cutting the shock towers. This bugs me because the people who answered the question probably do not have any experience with this swap. I know it is possible, I installed a Boss 302 ( same as a Clevor) in my Comet back in early ‘70’s.
(The Boss engine is going back in my Comet during the current rebuild)
I have attached a screen shot of the page, if any of you belong to Facebook and want to contact the person asking about this swap please let him know it is possible. I can be contacted for the details.
Jim

‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

SASSY

Re: Facebook post

Post by SASSY »

Yes a 351C can be installed in a 64-5 Comet without cutting the towers, Boss/Cyclone did it!
discussed in this thread part way down page http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... =25&t=1288
NO, a 351C and a 302 Boss are not the same, just the heads are similar.
The C has a different block, is taller and wider.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: Facebook post

Post by A/FX »

SASSY wrote:Yes a 351C can be installed in a 64-5 Comet without cutting the towers, Boss/Cyclone did it!
discussed in this thread part way down page http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... =25&t=1288
NO, a 351C and a 302 Boss are not the same, just the heads are similar.
The C has a different block, is taller and wider.
The question was “Clevor”, the person did not specify if he wanted to use a 351 or 302 Windsor block. The Cleveland block is a whole different animal. My experience is with the 302 W block, the 351 W block is 1.47” taller deck so it might fit but it will be tight and no one makes headers for the swap that I know of. I use JR headers on mine.
I thought someone with access to Facebook might want to help this guy out.
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”