65 Comet Console??

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
383MERC

65 Comet Console??

Post by 383MERC »

I just picked up a 65 Falcon Sprint that had a console in it. A friend told me the lid looked to be a comet because it had the trim ring going around it. Does anyone have a picture of the correct 65 comet console? Thanks, Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: 65 Comet Console??

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Here is a picture, I think the Falcon console in a 65 is almost the same as a Comet with just a different lid. I am not sure though.

65 Cyclone interior.

Falcon console.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I've always wondered about my console, it looks like the bottom one with the single chrome strip down the center.
was in the car when I got it and always thought it was stock till I started going onlineand getting educated
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

Yeah, the console in this car is just like the comet cyclone one. COOL!!! The console was not bolted in, and had the mounting bracket inside of it.(from another car i guess) I assumed the falcon sprint would have had a console in from new. The padding is bad at the back, but the console itself seems to be in good condition. I think i'll put it in my 65 with a set of bucket seats. I got a set of bucket seats and a set of new falcon seat covers in the turquoise color. Pattern will not match the rear, but they're in my price range....FREE!!! Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

The front buckets in my car came from an 89 Cougar XR7 ,,,,GREY!
I painted them with SEM black flexible paint about 4 years ago.
Leather is coming apart but the paint is still great,,,,options
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

SASSY wrote:The front buckets in my car came from an 89 Cougar XR7 ,,,,GREY!
I painted them with SEM black flexible paint about 4 years ago.
Leather is coming apart but the paint is still great,,,,options
Fred
There is a company that makes reupholstery for those seats and for $36 extra they can put a Comet or Mercury logo in them. 8) Also they can do colored piping as shown in the picture below. If you look around the site they also have a vinyl version that is a little cheaper. I wonder if you call them if you could save even more by asking them to sell only front seats? I know a guy that bought Mark VIII upholstery from them and it took a little while to get them but they where very nice.
http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/pa ... partId=389
Last edited by Boss/Cyclone on Sun May 08, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Thank-you very mucH!!!
I haven't checked the site yet but it's gotta be better than the
quote I got around here!!
Fred