My 65 Comet... questions for bringing it back

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
Tristan

Re: My 65 Comet... questions for bringing it back

Post by Tristan »

Ok guys, so I have a question... may be a dumb one but I will ask anyway. As you know, my dad's 65 is in rough shape towards the rear of the car as shown in the pictures. So far I have found a 1964 rolling chassis that may serve the purpose as a sheet metal donor. But I do not know nor can I tell how much difference there is between the two on the critical areas shown in the pictures i posted. I know the very rear is obviously different but what about the tops and near the quarter windows and so on? Thanks guys!
ImageImage

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Basically, is there anything, anything at all that this car can be used for to bring life back to mine?

ImageImage

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

You may be able to use the tops of the rear quarters but not the bottoms or wheel wells.Any floors or subframe areas can be used,and the firewall/cowl areas are useable. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Well guys, its been a while but i'm back. The comet is offically mine. Dad handed over the keys the day my baby boy was born :). I have finally started doing a little tinkering. The engine isn't seized which is a relief but I have some MMO hanging out in the cylinders for a week or so just to be on the safe side. I put some air in the old dry-rotted tires and they took air! I know they are good for nothing but it was good just to see it sitting up. I need to get it to where it can move around the yard under its own power then i'll either build a building or buy one to put it in. Thats probably a ways away so its going to put around the yard for now as i begin stripping the insides out.
ImageImage