Lou's 65 Comet Build

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
Lou's Comet

Re: Lou's 65 Comet Build

Post by Lou's Comet »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:Lou;good to here from you,I figured you must be busy as no new posts showed!! It will be great to see your COMET with color on it!! ROY.
Thanks Roy! The surfacer/blocking is time consuming but seeing a end :) it will get painted!
lavron wrote:Ok I went and looked at the ones you relinked - AWESOME :!: :!: - where you are working on the rear frame rails is stuff I need too see :D

See Ya,
Mike
Thanks Mike, be more pictures soon, I just loaded another 60some to my photobucket. Will get some more reattached tonight.

Lou

straycat99

Post by straycat99 »

Lou
I know this going a ways back in your build, but do happen to know the flange to flange measurement of your rear end housing? If you have the spec sheet from the builder could you email it to me tsheil@hotmail.com. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am working on a 64 Falcon and plan on narrowing rear frame with these '60-'69 FORD "FALCON""parallel only"2x3.......$282.95 pr http://autoweldchassis.com/spec.ivnu . Running them in line with the front rails like what you did.

Thanks
Tim

Loner

Post by Loner »

Lou have you done anything to your Comet in the last few months?
Sure miss all the pictures they sure were a help to those of us still building our cars.

Take care,Matt

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Loner wrote:Lou have you done anything to your Comet in the last few months?
Sure miss all the pictures they sure were a help to those of us still building our cars.

Take care,Matt
Not a whole lot, welded up my new gauge panel, playing with my new seats, been block sanding the body as I get time, and re-primed a few areas. Not worth pictures though, look just like the other primered pictures lol.
A lot going on in personal life, first grandson born 12-21, took off for the Mecum auction in Fla. Etc, etc. Plus been busy with other people's cars :?

Include me in those still building their car LOL, be more pictures soon .

Hopefully get back to it real soon.

I have been re-doing my pictures on the thread as I get time, got the first 14 pages done.

You have been busy, your Comet is looking good. Ya did a excellent job on the qtr.

Lou

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Ok got the rest of my pictures re-posted. Didn't realize how many there was.

Started working on the Comet again last weekend. Continuing with the sanding, got the pass side all blocked out.

Getting there, couple small areas still fighting me. The cove is still a hair low on the qtr under where you can see I sanded into the black epoxy and on the door in the cove under the black and above the upper black . Other than that pass side is pretty much there. Got a little carried away trying to sand out the last few low spots and sanded down to bare metal where I went into the epoxy, and a little on upper body line. A little bare metal no big deal but this was questionable IMO. So after I masked the car I resprayed some epoxy over the bare spots just to be sure.

Let the epoxy flash for a few hours then resprayed the side with surfacer. Sprayed the side with 2 coats and put a third coat on the cove area just to be sure. Couple Picts.

Hard to see but if you look in second photo you can see where the shadow in the cove is a little weird below where the black spot (sanded into epoxy) was on the qtr, and in the cove above and below where the black areas in the door were.

I will let this side sit for a few weeks before I block it again. This weekend I plan on doing the drivers side. Hopefully it is as close as the pass side was.

But at least I am back to working on it

Lou

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Good to see a post on it,glad your back after it! :D
Johno

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Lookin good Lou, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

WOOT, looking forward too seeing progress!

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Thanks guys! I just got to get back to it and at least get it in paint before winter.

With the way the price of paint increases if I don't get it done this year I might not be able to afford it lol

Lou

pro64

Post by pro64 »

Hey Lou looks great what color have you decided. On.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Great to see progress pics!
A lot of projects end up going unfinished because they got put on the back burner just a little too long.
Yes Im guilty of that too, in my case it was a 29 Model A 2dr.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Mine took 28 years to get finished. But it's done now and am enjoying the heck out of it. Was worth the wait. :D

Ron

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

pro64 wrote:Hey Lou looks great what color have you decided. On.
Black, with black vinyl top and black int.
SASSY wrote:Great to see progress pics!
A lot of projects end up going unfinished because they got put on the back burner just a little too long.
Yes Im guilty of that too, in my case it was a 29 Model A 2dr.
Fred
Fred, I have pretty much finished all my projects over the years. Except one,where someone offered me more than it was worth, and it was going to be a problem with inspection and title requirements anyways. This one is taking a little longer :) once I get it in paint it should pick up pace. And it will get finished :)
Comechero65 wrote:Mine took 28 years to get finished. But it's done now and am enjoying the heck out of it. Was worth the wait. :D

Ron
I have owned my Comet ten years and been working on it on and off for five. Kind of strange when I was going back thru my thread reloading the pictures I seen stuff I forgot I even did lol

Lou

albert

Post by albert »

Lou, the black will look great............keep up your talented work!
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

TRIPLE BLACK will be mighty sharp,,pop
pop/glenda