Re: Steve's 64 Comet Project

Post by redhotcomet »

SASSY wrote: Hey Mike,, how 'bout a Red 64 Calendar?? Lol
I'd buy that! But I might be biased...
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

66sevets

Post by 66sevets »

Just a Followup on my project. Won 1st place at Detroit Autorama for Street Machine Custom. Figured I'd share with you guys, I got some nice parts and good info here that really helped me out. Even just looking at photos and reading old posts helped. Thanks Forum!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Congrats Steve! well deserved!! :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

CONGRAT'S ,steve,,,job well done !! POP
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

66sevets wrote:I got some nice parts and good info here that really helped me out. Even just looking at photos and reading old posts helped. Thanks Forum!
The main reason this site exists to help the few of us that love the little Mercury 8) I will say as each of us contribute the group grows stronger :D

Congrats Steve!

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Awesome Steve Very nice looking car
tomb's 65

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Oh and I really like your braces and the way the monte carlo bar is pinned for easy removal, gives me ideas even :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Congratulations Steve,that's a nice reward for your hard work and accomplishments. I'm not sure but ec164 won an award either last year or the year before with his FE powered 1964 Comet at the Detroit Autorama. In fact I bought my 1965 Comet Cyclone from him. Again great job!!! I live in a small town about 120 miles from Detroit,in Caseville MI. Andy

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Congratulations, Steve! You have an awesome car. I went back and looked all the way through your build thread this evening, and it's an amazing project.
Jim

66sevets

Post by 66sevets »

Thanks guys!
Jims65cyclone wrote:Congratulations, Steve! You have an awesome car. I went back and looked all the way through your build thread this evening, and it's an amazing project.
Jim
It's too bad Photobucket screwed everything up I had some good photos in there!
caseville cyclone wrote:Congratulations Steve,that's a nice reward for your hard work and accomplishments. I'm not sure but ec164 won an award either last year or the year before with his FE powered 1964 Comet at the Detroit Autorama. In fact I bought my 1965 Comet Cyclone from him. Again great job!!! I live in a small town about 120 miles from Detroit,in Caseville MI. Andy
I saw his car there last year it is a beautiful car! I met Al a couple times and bought a few parts from him. I will be going up to Ubly dragway sometime this summer I think it's near Caseville?
lavron wrote:Oh and I really like your braces and the way the monte carlo bar is pinned for easy removal, gives me ideas even :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
I stole a few ideas myself looking through all the posts on here! I might not post a lot but I watch.

Thanks, Steve

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Steve,Ubly Dragway is about 30 miles from me. First of all my son races a 1984 mustang there all season long,hopefully I'll see your car make a few passes. I know the owners which do there best to offer some good racing. Hope to see you there,I'm sure you will be easy to find. Andy

Santa's Comet

Post by Santa's Comet »

Very Nice! and well deserved!
NP Dave

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

66sevets wrote:It's too bad Photobucket screwed everything up I had some good photos in there!
Steve...here are some add-ons that Johnno posted that you can download and will let you see all the photobucket pics again. Makes it look the way you posted it over all those years. :D

Johnno wrote: here is an add-on for mozila firefox,will make those photobucket pics visible;
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... edded-fix/
& one for chrome;
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... dkpmcpkaon

Jim