is the 66-69 comet forum dead

The Big Comets
Jim Clayton

is the 66-69 comet forum dead

Post by Jim Clayton »

Hello, is anyone out there???? The Comet Central has been very quite for the last several weeks. Is anyone building anything in the shop this winter . Just finishing up on a complete retoration on a 1010 John Deere tractor , it's really turned out nice, about ready to get the 66 Comet stocker in the shop and do some detailing so I will be ready in the spring. Been doing some pheasent hunting here in central Iowa, we got rained and snowed out for deer season. Seems like it's going to be a long winter. JC
Ford Powered Nostalgic Stockcars 66 Cyclone 631/2 Galaxie 71 Mustang Mach 1

69comet514

Post by 69comet514 »

I've got a few irons in the fire this winter. Im trying to get the rearend put in my sixty nine comet. were putting a leaf link set up and latter bars but it all needs welded on and in and im not a welder at all. Got a few friends that do so they weld when they can id like to get that done by christmas. also changing the front over to disc brakes instead of drums. if thats not enough my dad rebuilt the motor in his 70 Torino Cobra its a 429 cj car with an automatic. the motors back in but were waiting on the tranny to get back from the rebuild. well that about wraps up the winter projects down here but you never know there could be more.

mudbogtom

Post by mudbogtom »

I hope it's not dead... I recently got a 68 and finally got it home and started messing with it. I just have been going through old posts and doing some reading.

I also am collecting some parts for front disc brakes. I got most of a setup from a maverick and need to inventory it to see what needs replaced and what is missing. What are you using for yours?

Tom

69comet514

Post by 69comet514 »

My setup is off a 69 -70 mustang i think not really sure though. There a brake setup that my dad took off a car years ago about the only thing im keeping is the spindles all the rest ill put on new stuff

rditz

Post by rditz »

speaking of Disc brake setups, I put on a front disc kit on my 66 Comet from SSBC. it had 4 piston calipers and was an easy bolt-on kit. came with master cylinder (Manual) and an adjustable proportioning valve. I have to bend a few short lines, but other than that a very nice add on. My car was a v8 car to begin with, so that helped....

recently was given an 80 mustang hatch with a 200CI inline 6. have already bought a dual header for it and plan to get a 2bbl carb. the interior is mint and just a little body work to do...

talk to you guys later..

rod
66 Comet Capri 2dr hdtp - Cyclone Hood, 302, T5, Flat Black, TuTone Red Interior

rditz

Post by rditz »

Here are a couple of pictures of my Comet so far..

(hope you can see them)

rod
66 Comet Capri 2dr hdtp - Cyclone Hood, 302, T5, Flat Black, TuTone Red Interior

rditz

Post by rditz »

here are a couple more...

rod

Jim Clayton

Post by Jim Clayton »

Rod, great pictures of a neat old Comet. Really like the looks of that T-5 shifter handle sticking out of that floor , same one I used in my Comet
JC

rditz

Post by rditz »

Jim,

thanks... the T5 on the back of the 302 was easy to install and looks like it always belonged there...

would love to see pics of your 66'

take care

Rod

Jim Clayton

Post by Jim Clayton »

Rod, I still haven't figured out how to post pictures with my message like you just did. What's the secret guy????? JC

rditz

Post by rditz »

a fellow on another forum told me.. register with a site called Photobucket.com. create an album and upload all of your pictures. when you want to add a picture from your album to a forum , open aonther web browser, go to your album, go to the picture you want to add and select the .img string. go back to the forum thread and right click and paste the string. you can add as many pictures as you like.. Photobucket is free..

hope this isn't too much info... it took me a few times to get the procedure down.. give it a try...

good luck..

rod