CALENDAR PICTURE SUBMISSIONS

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

CALENDAR PICTURE SUBMISSIONS

Post by lavron »

I have set up an email address for everyone to submit pictures for the 2017 Comet Central/Performance Forum Calendar.

To remind everyone of the rules regarding pictures;
1. I will select the ones I like best, in other words, I have final say what goes in the calendar.
2. You must be the owner of the picture you submit, and would like you to be the photographer, but if you have friend that is good with a camera and they will that pictures for you, that is between you and them, if they want credit for the picture just let me know in the submission and I will credit the photograph.
3. Take a good picture, and no people in the picture with-in reason, we have had some pictures in the past of cars at the drag strip and there are people in the picture but most are not recognizable and sometimes I can blur them slightly if I need too. Really I don't want to see people posing with the Comet, I think everyone understands :wink:
4. You can submit anything (that is a Mercury Comet) I don't care if it is a show car, if it is a nice picture and a good representation of a Mercury Comet it might make it in. Certainly really nice pictures of really nice cars in really nice settings will get preferential treatment.
5. Don't retouch or do any kind of filtering on the picture before you send it. Don't worry about license plates showing I will cover them with a Comet Forum digital vanity plate. I will also do any retouching etc I think it needs unless you ask me not too.
6. BIG PICTURES, don't submit a tiny picture and expect it will reproduce in 8" X 11", the calendar if a representative of Comet Central, the people here and the cars, it needs to reflect that quality, so the bigger the better and the sharpest pictures we can get.
7. SEE RULE #1

A few notes to remember, if you have been in the calendar before you can submit pictures again but new cars get first spots (unless you have drastically changed the car since the last time), if you have an early model Comet, or a later model Comet, or a Comet that is not a 1964-65 you may have an easier time getting in the calendar, I like to balance from all years, this is nothing against 64-65 model years (I have a '64 if you you don't know :P ) if you have a 64-65 please, please, please submit pictures and if I don't use your car it is not a reflection on the quality of the car or picture it is just I have too many 65 Cyclones and don't want too overbalance the calendar with them, if on the other hand you have a 65 wagon I consider that a different body style and various body styles are ok in my book.

If you are wondering what is in it for you to submit a picture of your car? Not much except the bragging rights and that you shared it with the rest of the community and I think I send a free calendar to each person that has a car in there (this is at my expense, and I don't make anything off the calendars) The whole calendar project is not a way to make money in fact it costs me to produce it and to send them out, I only charge what they cost me and postage and it usually cost me to produce to but I do it for the Comet community and because I really like Comets of all kinds and the people that own and love them :)

I will be in PF in a couple of weeks and would like to get a nice picture of the Comets there for the cover, if I can remember it I will dust off my camera and bring it and can maybe take a few shots of cars if anyone wants to try for the calendar and don't have a good pictures.

Lastly, when you submit your picture to the following address please include a few things, YOUR NAME & USERNAME on the Forum, the state and country you are from, what model and year your Comet is, any little tidbits about it. I don't generally put peoples last names on the calendar but will use an initial in case there is more than one John or Bill submitting pictures.

Where to send Pictures - calendarpicts@cometcentral.com

Remember this is for fun.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Re: CALENDAR PICTURE SUBMISSIONS

Post by poboyjo65 »

Do you only want one pic from each person/car?
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

poboyjo65 wrote:Do you only want one pic from each person/car?
You are free to send multiple shots and I can pick the one I like best, or think will reproduce best, but don't send me 20 picts, if you have 3 or 4 you like that is fine

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Matty

Post by Matty »

Omg! This is so awesome! You dedication is second to none.

1962 Mercury Comet S22 302 5.0 T5 Custom: tfs 1 cam & springs, 8.8 31 spline lsd 373 rear, 5 lug disc conversion front and rear, new V8 steering components, Gt40 heads, Performer RPM intake, phenolic spacer, Brawler 650

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

Great excuse to get out and take some pics! Maybe we could have a thread for great pics that don't make the calendar for whatever reason? :D
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Mike one thing I enjoy about hearing about other guys cars is the car's nickname, most people put one on their car even if it's just ''ole girl'' or ''old car''. I think that would be a good tidbit to add. :D
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I threw together a layout for the 2017 Calendar, I just used mostly my sig line from the forum for the wording at the top, don't know if you guys want to do anything like that or just have the car specs, nicknames etc?

Anyway, tell me what you think, I may change it but this is my first layout, and I had a mighty fine Comet to put on there :roll: Actually I was testing my camera, I can hardly remember how to use it, it takes sweet pictures as opposed to the cell phone, it is all about that giant glass lens. (did do some PhotoShopping on the picture btw, so yeah it even looks worse than this)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

That's a great pic! BTW - Probably late but I'd shuck out an obscene amount of cash for one of those Comet Central plates; especially if it's metal!! :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :shock:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Rocket989 wrote:Probably late but I'd shuck out an obscene amount of cash for one of those Comet Central plates; especially if it's metal!!
I would sell you one if it existed in the real world - it is PhotoShopped in

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Matty

Post by Matty »

Awesome! Do we get some kind of conformation on our wmails? I emailed mine and wanted make sure it was received.

1962 Mercury Comet S22 302 5.0 T5 Custom: tfs 1 cam & springs, 8.8 31 spline lsd 373 rear, 5 lug disc conversion front and rear, new V8 steering components, Gt40 heads, Performer RPM intake, phenolic spacer, Brawler 650

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Matty wrote:Awesome! Do we get some kind of conformation on our wmails? I emailed mine and wanted make sure it was received.
Well no I haven't been sending any confirmations, but yes I got yours.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I'm sure you need these by a certain deadline ,right?
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

poboyjo65 wrote:I'm sure you need these by a certain deadline ,right?
There is no hard date on that, it would be nice to have them a few months before the new year so people can get them, of course I need at least 12 cars or I am putting mine in there :lol: :roll: we are coming up on 6 months left, most of that is my fault for not attending to business but I think we can do it.

Just take really good pictures so I don't have much work to do.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

comethead

Post by comethead »

Mike I like the calendar lay out.
And the Comet is super cool!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Use one of the panarama pictures from the Gathering for the June selection. Just a though.

And I like John's nickname idea as well.
Careful your character's showing!