POP's FORDS

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
lavron
Site Admin

Re: POP's FORDS

Post by lavron »

I like that last one 8)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

MAN those are neat !! pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

The Transplanter wrote:You soon get the hang of the steering wheel on the wrong side :) i have driven LHD cars here for years now, and RHD cars over on continental Europe and it soon becomes second nature :wink: Although overtaking can be tricky at times :shock:

The 103E's were very Popular HotRods over here in the 60's & 70's akin in many ways to your "32's". There seems to be a bit of a revival on them just now as there are some nice examples that turn up at hotrod/american car meets.

more info on wiki if your interested https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Popular

And a lot on Windsors found their way into them :)

well you get the idea :D
this was some neat reading,,,,have always said ,since I was a young kid....LEAVE IT TO FORD,TO COME UP WITH THE BEST IDEA,,THEY'LL ALWAYS MAKE THE LIGHT BULB SHINE BRIGHTER.......THANKS OL POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

TODAY marks the 26th year,OL POP has been driving the little ford ranger PU.........it's been a good one!
pop/glenda

albert

Post by albert »

Congrats Pop, hope you go another 26 with it..............enjoy
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

albert wrote:Congrats Pop, hope you go another 26 with it..............enjoy
:lol: :shock: it'd be nice,but I doubt the 5spd will trip my trigger in another 26yrs..... :shock: :lol: :wink:
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:TODAY marks the 26th year,OL POP has been driving the little ford ranger PU.........it's been a good one!
2 weeks ago ,OL POP left the house on my daily goofin off trip,,I got a couple of miles from home and the ranger died going down the road,,coasted to a side road and had to call for a ride back home,went back with another truck and trailer,,,dang thing busted off and I drove it up on the trailer,got home and it started again and I backed it off trailer and parked it,,,it has never started since,,,,,,,,til today .....I hot shoted the fuel pump and it started pumping,,so I replaced the pump relay...runs and starts perfect,,but on my test run,I noticed it was hard to up shift and down shift,,acts like clutch is not releasing all the way,,,,so I reckon all these trouble free yrs of driving the ol gal has come to an end...but I can't be down in the lip about it...I just gotta find the culprit and fix it....and that ain't no step....for a stepper :!: :shock: :lol:
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE !! on how much pride you take in yourself to maintain what you own and drive,,they are MAN MADE,,there fore they are subject to fail..not a question of IF,but when,,drove my 66 f100 to town to get lawn mower gas,,a guy came over to admire the old truck,,ask questions and ask to hear it run........the positive batt cabel was loose !! would not even click,,here I was without any tools,,I finaly got it started by using a old trailer ball for a hammer,,it never fails.... :shock: :wink: {now I hope the mower starts} :roll: :!: BUT FOR THE LIFE OF ME,i WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANYOTHER WAY...I WOULD RATHER BE CARRYING A FORD HUB CAP DOWN THE ROAD IN A RAIN STORM ,THEN EVEN RIDE IN A CHEVY... :lol: :lol: 8) :!:
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL ,after all these yrs,,the 91 ranger has died,the clutch MC went out :shock: ,,,it'll just have to sit and wait for awhile,,we are so busy with this big tired comet...I have plenty of spare trks to drive ,, but every so often I crank it up and drive around in the pasture a couple of laps,just to keep it from just sitting drieing out and the brks from going sour...thanks and good luck to all........OL POP
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Is that the black one? the one you pull the comet with?
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:Is that the black one? the one you pull the comet with?
NO,,am talking about my 91 ranger that I've had since 3-8-91,,,your talking about my 94 f150,it rolled over on 77,000 act miles yesterday....... :shock: :wink: pop
pop/glenda

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

F150 is the one in the series I haven’t owned yet. Had a 73 F250 Camper special, 94 Ranger, 89 F350 XLT with 460, and my current truck, my ideal truck, 99 F350 7.3 diesel 4x4 XLT lariat. I’ve only ever owned ford trucks(various makes of cars though).

Here’s Helga.

And the second pic is with 4,300 lbs of materials in the bed!

Chop everything, nothing is sacred.
Destroying the essence of motorcycles, one part at a time. <——— Cars now too I guess.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

COOL !! that looks "built ford tough"...OL POP is so FORD minded ,I get on people's nerves !!..... :shock: :lol: :lol: thanks for showing.......( I'D rather walk in in a storm carrying a FORD hub cap,as to ride in anything else ) :shock: :wink: ....................pop
pop/glenda

The Transplanter

Post by The Transplanter »

RideAndShoot wrote:F150 is the one in the series I haven’t owned yet. Had a 73 F250 Camper special, 94 Ranger, 89 F350 XLT with 460, and my current truck, my ideal truck, 99 F350 7.3 diesel 4x4 XLT lariat. I’ve only ever owned ford trucks(various makes of cars though).

Here’s Helga.

And the second pic is with 4,300 lbs of materials in the bed!

LOL... That would take up 2 or 3 parking spaces here in England :lol: :lol: :lol:

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

tonight we put the rusty 64 comet on our brand new 4post bendpak lift,,,in a few days,we will start on POP's FACTORY FIVE COBRA KIT CAR that me and GLENDA bought some 20 yrs ago,it has been waiting in the shadows for the right time....time is now!!,,thru out the yrs,I've had the frame blasted and powder coated,,,built a 65 289 with 2x4's.alumn heads,gear drive and MSD ign,I bought a 5spd tremec trans and ordered straight from FOMOCO 8.8 LS 3.55 rear gear and a pair of moser axles and I have the correct whls for a street cobra in 1965,,as the body is a 65 427 cobra,,POP had a vision of this car 20 plus yrs ago..told GLENDA, she said lets make it happen !! we have waited til the timeing was right...it's that time !! so in a day or 3 me and son,DWAYNE will start building...this might be one of the most awesome builds we have ever done...and we have done many since he was a little boy,will keep pic's posted or should I say DWAYNE and JOHN WILL,,,TOLD glenda 20 plus yrs ago..a cobra was what I wanted to drive in my old age...LORD WILLING... it just may very well happen...pop will be 71 in may,,what better thing to drive then an open top cobra and have the wind blowing thru my thinning gray(white) hair ???...POP
pop/glenda