Loman's '65 race car

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
loman

Re: My stable of ongoing Comet projects

Post by loman »

I pulled the concrete tires out of the blue/green car today and took a measurement. There was no change in ride height since last time i checked on Dec 16. Even though there was no change, I put the concrete tires back in. I also finished making my patch panels and tacked them in for the inner fender well on the white car.

loman

Post by loman »

I used a plasma cutter for the first time today. I used it to make some 4" header collector flanges that I welded on today. Hopefully I'll send my headers back to jet hot for recoating this week. My buddy also got my new trans lines crimped. I might try to install them tomorrow. All in all, great day today. Ice storm, chili cooking in crock pot, cold beer, heated shed, making progress. All is good.

[imgImage][/img]

loman

Post by loman »

I called Jet Hot yesterday to see when I could expect my headers to return. They told me it would probably be last week of February. I had no idea that it was going to take that long. I'm glad I sent them off when I did.

loman

Post by loman »

I got my recoated headers installed today

loman

Post by loman »

Something else I did today was to install a LED dome light inside the race car. Some small tracks don't have the best lighting and hopefully this will help when needed.

loman

Post by loman »

I found some pics of the parts car turned into project car from a long time ago. The pics don't do it justice on how bad of shape the rear part of the car really was, hence that is why I originally bought it for a parts car.

loman

Post by loman »

I've been under the weather that last few days, but I had to get out of the house. I went down to the shed and started to make a patch panel for the project car.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THE DOME LIGHT is a good idea...but on a dirt car,it ain't gonna happen....so what I did to help me in the dark,cause dirt raceing is mostly at night,I painted the inside of my car using a very light shade of gray,,the least hint of light causes it to brighten inside....and I also done the same with the 1st 2 mudd drag trucks,,the 3rd one was white to start with...those races were run a lot after the sun went down,with nothing but track lights to depend on,,also....pop
pop/glenda

Loner

Post by Loner »

Nice work, but how do you get anything done in such a clean shop :lol: :lol:

Matt

loman

Post by loman »

Loner wrote:Nice work, but how do you get anything done in such a clean shop :lol: :lol:

Matt
Trust me, it's not as clean as you think. Also, picture taking tends to mostly happen after I'm done working for the day. I usually have a couple of drinks while I pick up tools and sweep up. Especially, if I've been grinding and welding. I don't want to get that stuff embedded into soles of my shoes and then track it into the house. I've also learned over the years from my dad when at his shop, you spend way to much time looking for stuff if you don't stop and pick up now and then. Plus, I've learned over the years that I liked working in a cleaner straightened up area as opposed to anything else. I tend to get more done even when I think all I am doing is picking up every little bit.

loman

Post by loman »

popscomet wrote:THE DOME LIGHT is a good idea...but on a dirt car,it ain't gonna happen....so what I did to help me in the dark,cause dirt raceing is mostly at night,I painted the inside of my car using a very light shade of gray,,the least hint of light causes it to brighten inside....and I also done the same with the 1st 2 mudd drag trucks,,the 3rd one was white to start with...those races were run a lot after the sun went down,with nothing but track lights to depend on,,also....pop
Pop, that's a good idea on painting light shade of gray. I got the aluminum interior and not planning on painting that but the aluminum should reflect the LED light very nicely. I picked up the LED dome light at a swap meet for $15. It should do the trick. Last year I was strapping in and somehow my lapbelt got tangled with the window net and I had a heck of a time trying to get them untangled in the dark.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Last edited by poboyjo65 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johno

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Loman I didn't know you started this thread. Lookin good. I hope to see you in PF, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Dang fine patchwork!! Another save is always good! Funny - I always put the tools away also...doesn't matter how late. The twin bro? Nope...drives me nuts, can't find a dang thing! He's a pipe fitter and his service truck is usually at least as bad. $&@#, you'd think one or the other would be half-a** clean!! :) :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Same on the jack stands - I always leave the jack(s) under also...extra stands too. Only got one melon!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

loman

Post by loman »

Here is a picture of the engine diaper installed that I did the other day.