Fall Comet Gathering

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
popscomet

Re: Fall Comet Gathering

Post by popscomet »

fixitmann wrote:As a new member and my second post let me say this would be of interest to me...
Since I am in the KC area it wouldn't be to long of a drive and October could work.
I will watch for further developments...
WELL GOOD FOR YOU !! bring it on,,, 8) :D
pop/glenda

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

fixitmann wrote:As a new member and my second post let me say this would be of interest to me...
Since I am in the KC area it wouldn't be to long of a drive and October could work.
I will watch for further developments...
Welcome to the forum, great place to learn and talk Comets, there are some real knowledgeable people here.
Careful your character's showing!

gmsnowball

Post by gmsnowball »

October dates work better for me. The Hot Rod 100 is in September and we will be taking the Comet this year. Coming from Okla. City will be easier on us and the Comet. Cali doesn't like highway speeds for hours on end
, need to change to a little higher rear screw.

Gary
Oklahoma Somewhere
Just Outside the Neutral Zone
64 Comet Calentie Convertible

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Correct me if I am wrong My understanding the Motel we are talking about only has 8-10 rooms and there is no walking traffic or visibility of Comets unless you are at motel or restaurant and restaurant only serves supper meals NEED MORE DEFINATE ARRANGEMENTS UNLESS YOU ONLY PLAN FOR A FEW CARS ROLL COMETS J L

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

duncanjl wrote:Correct me if I am wrong My understanding the Motel we are talking about only has 8-10 rooms and there is no walking traffic or visibility of Comets unless you are at motel or restaurant and restaurant only serves supper meals NEED MORE DEFINATE ARRANGEMENTS UNLESS YOU ONLY PLAN FOR A FEW CARS ROLL COMETS J L
JL you may be right I am going to try and get down there sometime soon but Arkansas Comet can comment better on this than me.

I do agree that it will not be as public as PF but more an opportunity for Comet folks to get together, I am playing it by ear right now, I know that is not a very good answer but it is all I have right now.

I have no idea if in the future we might want to consider a larger place with more public exposure, everyone is welcome to input ideas and suggestions because it is something for all of us.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Mike this is unrelated to fall gathering ,but can you tell me why my car photo has disappeared from forum Radical put it on and I have no idea how to get it back on thank ROLL COMETS J L

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

duncanjl wrote:can you tell me why my car photo has disappeared from forum
Because PhotoBucket broke the internet. Do you have the picture? Send it to me and I will put it back on for you.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Sent 2 picks via Email hope you got don't have the one that was on before Thanks for your assistance J L

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

JL I did not get your email but I grabbed a pic from your FB page, I will check my spam filter and see if you are trapped there :roll: :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

MY son informed me the other night that I may not get to make this fall gathering,,due to me being in the points battle for the season,,,OL POP is in 9th place right now,,,my goal was to be in the top 10 at season's end,,so far so good !! but that gathering appears to be on the last points night,and I just can't afford not to race that night....and if this little ford stays together and my hands and health stay with me,and the good LORD protects me,,,I am going to try and see it to it's end,,my son pretty much has the 2017 season championship in the bag,,but there is always that O'CRAP night :shock: ,he is the 2016 title holder and is trying for 2 in a row,,,,his son,my grd son was the champ in 2014,and OL POP is driving grd son's car,,so I have a winner to drive,,,funny thing is 8or9 yrs ago,I won the title,at our then home track in the very car my son now drives,,,my ticker gave us a scare and I gave the car to my son and retired and was the pit crew ,,come next JANUARY, at the points banquet..POP is looking forward to walking on the same stage with my son and the same one that my grd son HAS walked on.....good luck to all !!!thank you OL POP
pop/glenda

ArkansasComet

Post by ArkansasComet »

lavron wrote:
duncanjl wrote:Correct me if I am wrong My understanding the Motel we are talking about only has 8-10 rooms and there is no walking traffic or visibility of Comets unless you are at motel or restaurant and restaurant only serves supper meals NEED MORE DEFINATE ARRANGEMENTS UNLESS YOU ONLY PLAN FOR A FEW CARS ROLL COMETS J L
JL you may be right I am going to try and get down there sometime soon but Arkansas Comet can comment better on this than me.

I do agree that it will not be as public as PF but more an opportunity for Comet folks to get together, I am playing it by ear right now, I know that is not a very good answer but it is all I have right now.

I have no idea if in the future we might want to consider a larger place with more public exposure, everyone is welcome to input ideas and suggestions because it is something for all of us.

See Ya,
Mike

Sorry for the late reply!

You guys are correct, the lodge is in a remote location by the river & the only people traffic would probably be patrons to the restaurant (Wed - Sat night & Sun morning brunch) & neighbors. This would be more of a BBQ/hang out for the group in a nice & relaxing location. You are also correct that there is limited space at the lodge, we only have 7 rooms available (if none are already reserved). There are other nearby lodges that may have rooms available & hotels in Mountain Home (about 30 min from the lodge). Also if anyone has an RV they want to stay in we have lots of parking room if that helps.

I can tell you this would be a different experience than PF but would still be a great opportunity to bring some forum members together who maybe aren't able to make it to PF. I would understand if everyone decides it is not a good location, I just wanted to offer it to the group since it is a nice area with plenty of room to park cars & have a good time!

Let me know if you guys have any other questions or concerns! -Jim

"Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I will throw this in there as well, I was thinking that we could take this opportunity in October to suggest other locations.

I agree with Jim this would be different than PF, at least this time. I have a connection in Branson if next year anyone would want to consider it or another location in the region nothing is set in stone.

Jim (ArkansasComet) I will send you a PM and see if I can come down next week, my wife is on vacation and it is our anniversary week anyway 8)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Lavron Just to let you know I will not be attending Fall Gathering but as for Branson I was there Aug 6-13 and they have HOT SUMMER NIGHTS SHOW approximately 4/500 cars Sat night at midnight they cruise Shepherd of hills pkwy approx 11hr drive from here Like I said in P/F we can't just jump in and go somewhere new until someone does leg work for accommodation availability if we are gathering need to be able to get rooms in one location was the idea I thought ROLL COMETS J L

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

duncanjl wrote:we can't just jump in and go somewhere new until someone does leg work for accommodation availability if we are gathering need to be able to get rooms in one location was the idea I thought
That is the idea and I am not suggesting we just go in cold, actually next Thursday I am going down to meet with ArkansasComet and check out that location.

I feel this time we probably won't have too good of turnout and it may be the only time, I do want to do this but truthfully it is a task to add to everything else I do and I may not be the best event planner in the world but am willing to try.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP really hates to no end,that I can not make it ..here it is less then 3hrs from my house,,almost in my back yard and I have to pass on coming to it....but it is what it is.....pop
pop/glenda