New 1963 Comet

Let everyone know a little about yourself
GeneB

New 1963 Comet

Post by GeneB »

Just picked up a 1963 Comet Custom Convertible today Has 302 Ford engine & Mustang AOD trans. Needs a little work which will keep me busy over the winter. Need to learn how to post pictures
Gene
Michigan

Comechero65

Re: New 1963 Comet

Post by Comechero65 »

There is an Upload Attachment at the bottom of the page when you are posting. Use that to upload your pics to your post. Do it a couple times and you'll have the hang of it.
Ron

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on!!! :D
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard!
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Comechero65 wrote:There is an Upload Attachment at the bottom of the page when you are posting. Use that to upload your pics to your post. Do it a couple times and you'll have the hang of it.
Ron
seems to me JIMS65CYCLONE told a guy the very same thing aday or 2 ago the same thing.......pop
pop/glenda

Groover

Post by Groover »

sounds very promising. Can't wait to see some photos and follow the project.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

popscomet wrote:
Comechero65 wrote:There is an Upload Attachment at the bottom of the page when you are posting. Use that to upload your pics to your post. Do it a couple times and you'll have the hang of it.
Ron
seems to me JIMS65CYCLONE told a guy the very same thing aday or 2 ago the same thing.......pop
Actually, I explained how I use http://cometcentral.com/photos/login to post photos. I hadn't used the Upload Attachment tab, yet. I played around with it last night after reading Ron's post, and after playing around with it a little and figuring out how to post multiple pics and how to place them in a note, it's actually easier than the method I described. The only catch is the max pic size you can upload is 256kb, which means with most cameras you'll have to resize them first. I was having to do that anyway with my method because it wouldn't upload over about 1300kb or so, and my camera generally produces 3-5mb pics. If I have to resize them anyway, I'll probably start using the Upload Tab. That way I keep possession of the photos on my computer only.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Actually, I explained how I use http://cometcentral.com/photos/login to post photos. I hadn't used the Upload Attachment tab, yet. I played around with it last night after reading Ron's post, and after playing around with it a little and figuring out how to post multiple pics and how to place them in a note, it's actually easier than the method I described. The only catch is the max pic size you can upload is 256kb, which means with most cameras you'll have to resize them first. I was having to do that anyway with my method because it wouldn't upload over about 1300kb or so, and my camera generally produces 3-5mb pics. If I have to resize them anyway, I'll probably start using the Upload Tab. That way I keep possession of the photos on my computer only.
I did not care for attaching pictures to the forum directly as much, it may be easier for some and if you are posting pictures on another forum (not sure why anyone would do that :roll: ) you only have to upload once. The other caveat is that you can't use an attached picture in your sig, it won't work.

Understand that the photo server is on the same server as this forum so unless something happens they will always be together, there never will be a another PB incident :evil:

And I know I have never given instructions on how to use the photo server, but Jim explained it pretty well.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jim is pretty good with wording :!: :wink: maybe he should do a sticky, a how-to on both ways! I hereby nominate him!! :D can anyone second the motion?
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

I have discovered when I upload pics here they display much bigger which means to keep the respectable size I need to make them smaller first. I never ran into a size limitation when uploading only that the pics are way too big. I am used to the size of the pics from before which were just fine.

The steps to upload are similar to another forum I post on. The other option is to put pics in another service like we did with photobucket and just add the links here.

I'm still trying to figure out a simple way to copy all my pics out of PB so I can move what I want to Mikes' new site. Somewhere I have copies of all those pics but it would take me some time to consolidate them one at a time to a new folder to work with. Would be simpler to just copy all the folders to a new folder on the computer then upload the ones i want from there.
Anybody know a simple way to get them as a group out of PB? The method they say to use never works for me. Don't want to copy them one at a time, that's a lot pf pics and a lot of work.
Ron

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Comechero65 wrote:Somewhere I have copies of all those pics but it would take me some time to consolidate them one at a time to a new folder to work with. Would be simpler to just copy all the folders to a new folder on the computer then upload the ones i want from there.
I sorta have mine organized on my computer, so I just called up all my posts on the forum and went through and replaced each thread and re-iploaded them to the new site.
Comechero65 wrote:I'm still trying to figure out a simple way to copy all my pics out of PB so I can move what I want to Mikes' new site.
I think they don't want to make it that easy so you will stay and pay their ransom to get your pictures back :roll:
poboyjo65 wrote:Jim is pretty good with wording maybe he should do a sticky, a how-to on both ways! I hereby nominate him!! can anyone second the motion?
I will second that.

Oh and welcome to the forum Gene, you have already experienced having your thread hi-jacked for the first time :P We still want to see picts.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

welcome,GENE !.....loseing your thread for awhile is the norm here,,,,but you always will get it back...!!! pop
pop/glenda

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

His post wasn't hijacked, Gene wanted to know how to post pics so we tried to help him. Jim posted one way, i posted another. Hopefully all this helps.

Bye the way welcome Gene. Post up some pics so we can see.
Ron

GeneB

Post by GeneB »

Here are some pictures (I hope)
Attachments
engine small.jpg
engine small.jpg (107.32 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
rear right small.jpg
rear right small.jpg (68.93 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
left front small.jpg
left front small.jpg (81.23 KiB) Viewed 3266 times

Santa's Comet

Post by Santa's Comet »

Very nice 63 vert!!!! I've never seen one in person!
Sure looks pretty in blue!!
NP Dave