Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
tomb22

Re: Track Report

Post by tomb22 »

Sounds awesome Pop to be racing with your son.
tomb's 65

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

tomb22 wrote:Sounds awesome Pop to be racing with your son.
we have for many yrs,,,and his son ,( which is my oldest grd son),,but grd son is in the state of OHIO,somewhere near CLEVELAND working and will be gone for 4or5 wks,,,so we are the only 2 to hold down the FORT....thank you POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

ALL locked and loaded to head for the track in awhile,,,after tonight OL POP will have 1 more night,,even after not making it into the feature race last sat night , because of my fuel pump going out I'm still in 8th place in the standings,,,I will be glad when season is over,,,thinking about hangin my helmet up after that very last race,,the main reason is ...I can't watch son and grd son drive,,and I have just about gotten it out of my system....my goal was to finish in the top 10,,,,with some luck and the good LORD keeping an eye on me ,I might pull it off,,(and this little ford stays together)..back later with the good bad and ugly..........thank you ,,,,,,OL POP !! :D :wink:
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

good luck Pop! :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JUST got home,,am tired ,,but I came in 5th,,,so I had to go thru tech area,,,but my old ford passed with flying colors...SON,won..he has such a point lead,,he really don't have to race the last points race,and he'll still win this season's championship...2yrs in a row,,,OL POP might have moved up into 7th place,not sure but for sure am still in 8th....time for me to go to the show...and that is to show my feet just how far I can cram them down under the sheets :shock: :lol: later POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:JUST got home,,am tired ,,but I came in 5th,,,so I had to go thru tech area,,,but my old ford passed with flying colors...SON,won..he has such a point lead,,he really don't have to race the last points race,and he'll still win this season's championship...2yrs in a row,,,OL POP might have moved up into 7th place,not sure but for sure am still in 8th....time for me to go to the show...and that is to show my feet just how far I can cram them down under the sheets :shock: :lol: later POP
I forgot to mention,,after the race last night,,had a family come up to me and their 2 kids 8and 12,ask for me to sign their tee-shirts,,,that was an honor,,,this was their 1st race to ever attend, they were from several miles away...." it's always about the KIDS"..... 8) :) :D :D .......thanks..POP
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Wow! You know you're famous when folks start asking you to sign their clothing. Just wait 'till the women start hanging around. :shock: Glenda might have something to say about that. :evil: :lol: :lol:
Congratulations!
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JIM,thanks for the shot in the arm with those kind words....but POP ain't nuttin special,,,it's son and grd son that make our name known at the track...as far as the signature,,they were just kids,,,had they been big busted grown women,,GLENDA might'v pointed out where for me to make my mark :shock: :wink: :lol: thanks again POP # 51f
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Congrats Pop! :D :D :D :P
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

Congrats Pop! The real question is did you sign your real name or Pop?

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:Congrats Pop! The real question is did you sign your real name or Pop?
:lol: those 2kids and their daddy came to my pit area and said POP will you sign my tee shirt,I said I sure will,the little boy had a shirt in his hand ,the little girl wanted her back signed,,,I can't hear the announcer,but have been told he sometimes her mention's my name often,,it ain't cause I'm that good ...it's outa respect for my age I think and cause of who I am....DWAYNE'S DAD AND CORY'S GRD PA..and they are very well known and highly respected as drivers.when I am signed in to race ,,they always write down POP as my name,am never refered to as ROBERT,,,,just POP !THE LITTLE BOY SAID POP.I liked it when you came out of a corner sideways,,and you never slowed up..you just kept going,,,I told him well it was the only thing I could do to keep from spinning out and crashin...I just had to keep my foot on the gas and go !!!!!!....I might have delighted those 2 kids...but it's nothing in comparishing to the DELIGHT they brought to OL POP....CAUSE when it's time to piss on the fire and call the dogs back..IT'LL ALWAYS BE ABOUT THE KIDS !! I could care less about a momma or daddy,,the kids are always the cream of the crop.....thank you and best of luck !!! ol pop
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Congrats on the points Pop. And definitely congrats on the kids asking for your autograph. I bet you were happier than a pig in slop. Haven't been on here much lately. Work has me covered up. Later, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

well fightin crime is a full time job....just take care of your self....glad to hear from you ...pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

pugs65 wrote: Haven't been on here much lately. Work has me covered up. Later, Pugs.
Pop I think that is code for ''under cover work''. :wink:

Pop did you ever notice when under the tent at PF he's standing there beside you ,then next time you look over & he is gone, look back a few minutes later & he is back again, like he never missed a swig. he's slick like that. he does that on here too. :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

PUGs reminds me of myself when before I meant GLENDA... ol pop was A RECRUIT FOR THE FBI,,,female body inspector....worked a lot under cover,,,,but GLENDA MADE ME give it up...so I went to work for the RR.......in the end it was a safer job....much better benefiets.......pop
pop/glenda