Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
pugs65

Re: Track Report

Post by pugs65 »

Not undercover fellas. Actually in training to be a sgt. Never thought that would happen.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

popscomet wrote:PUGs reminds me of myself when before I meant GLENDA... ol pop was A RECRUIT FOR THE FBI,,,female body inspector....worked a lot under cover,,,,but GLENDA MADE ME give it up...so I went to work for the RR.......in the end it was a safer job....much better benefiets.......pop
Hahaha!! :lol: :lol: Likely you did make the right career choice!! :mrgreen:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL,OLPOP is all locked and loaded to go to the race track.....for the LAST time, not only for the season but for good{ unless I get a wild hair and just want to drive some times} but I doubt that will ever happen}}} the past injurys are catching up with OL POP ,,the car wrecks the horses falling on me and kicking my brains out and a touch of plain ole hard livin,,,,and hard work!!!.....I have 8th place locked up in the top 10 and that was my goal when I started late in the season,,,but am just 3points from being in 7th,,,so I might make it with a little luck...SON has the championship pretty well sewn up for the 2nd year in a row,,and he is thinking about hangin his suit and helmet up ,,,,so me son and grd son have all won championships in our raceing endeavors,,,grd son is out of town so much on his job ,he is thinking about selling his brand new open whl v8 modified and calling it quits also ,,at least for awhile....but OL POP will always be found hangin out at a local race track....rather it be a dirt or a drag track...have done it most of life since I was a kid,,,it could have been an illegal race at 2am or a legal race on sunday afternoon...OL POP was there.....now it's time to build another 64 mercury comet instead of a race car over the winter...and we just happen to have one with big fat momma tires on the rear...thanks pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JUST got home from the races.....and I did good enuff to take over 7th place for the season...son won the title,so we had a super season.....got leaned on heavy and hard in turns 3and4 turned me sideways,,but thanks to that ford pwr I pulled it off and never checked up..son was behind me and later said ..dang POP I thought for sure you were going for a spin out.....anyways...GLENDA said she was going to wash my driver's suit and pack it away for safe keeps,with my helmet.....I want to go watch from here out....but I'll always be in the pit area where the action is :D that's the good bad and ugly of the whole shootin match....thanks OL POP
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

That's really cool Pop. Great job!
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I knew you could do it! congratulations on a great season for both of you! :D
Johno

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Congrates!! To you and your son on the outstanding season. Shooting for 10th and getting 7th..... Cool!

Lou

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thanks for the kind words.....OL POP is lucky that's all....and very blessed to have a son and wife like I do...they always have my back....I wonder sometimes what they see in OL pop....BUT...I'm very thankful and glad they see it... 8) :) :D :D :!: ...thanks again and good luck to all........pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Congrats, Pop! Great season for you and your son.
Jim

loman

Post by loman »

Finally got to test my new used trans I bought this spring. My 60' times & mph were slower and I was all over the rev limiter at the 1/4 mile. My best run was the 1st when I foot braked a 10.43 @ 128 mph. 2nd run the trans brake didn't release when I let go of the button but ran a 10.46@ 127 mph. Third run transbrake worked fine but car spun the tires about 3' off line and only ran a 10.58 @ 128. Wanted to make another run but there was another oil down (4th of the day) so I loaded up and went home.
Depending on weather and how many beers I drink tonight, I might take the other car out tomorrow to 1/8 mile track.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

:lol: weather & beer are both unpredictable sometimes! :lol:
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

I'll drink to that!

Groover

Post by Groover »

poboyjo65 wrote::lol: weather & beer are both unpredictable sometimes! :lol:
I can almost always predict when I'm gonna drink a beer. Usually right after I open the top :lol:
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Groover wrote:
I can almost always predict when I'm gonna drink a beer. Usually right after I open the top :lol:
sometimes my problem is when DWAYNE and or CORY are out here at the shop.......WE OPEN TO DANG MANY TOPS,,,,and the next morning my head is throbin like a sick robin ass !! :shock: :!: :wink:
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

There's the makin's of a great country song in that. 8) :wink: :lol:

Jim