Pics of Pops Comet

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
popscomet

Re: Pics of Pops Comet

Post by popscomet »

the frt cross member is a ROD n CUSTOM PIECE..the rest will come from where we get dirt track parts,I think it's called ALL STAR...we can save a lot of money by going with them..WE bought into them yrs ago and we get good prices....this ole comet will have alittle DIRT TRACK theme to it..like I said ,it may not be fancy to look at,in fact POP calls it the RUSTY REL-ICK !!!but you can bet it'll be hittin on all 8,,,if we can make it to PF in june with it...if not we'll try for next year.......thanks POP
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:if we can make it to PF in june with it...if not we'll try for next year
Well that has been my goal so far, mostly next year each year.
popscomet wrote:the frt cross member is a ROD n CUSTOM PIECE..the rest will come from where we get dirt track parts,I think it's called ALL STAR...we can save a lot of money by going with them..WE bought into them yrs ago and we get good prices
Well mine is just pieces and parts, still not sure how much I have in it, I think cheaper than a kit and I am customizing it so I guess a kit would have never suited me because I like to do things the hard way :roll:

I think I still lack tie rod ends, shocks and my air bags and bag mounts but eventually I will be ready to start cutting things, hopefully it will not take me another 30 years to get it done.

You guys keep up the good work Pops.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

we are gonna sure try to keep busy on it for sure,MIKE,this thing has sat in waiting for it's turn to come up for such a long time.WE really don't forsee anything to keep it from showing up at PF,,,like I said it may bring tears to your eyes to look at it, :shock: :lol: :wink: ,,and OL POP has always said PAINT IS SO OVER RATED,I like the worn look :shock: :? 8) :lol: ....thanks and good luck on your project.......pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL we got frt cross member square and tacked in ...tomorrow we hope to mock up a dummy engine and bolt the blow proof bh ingto it and set it down in it and start checking to see how much trimming to do to the firewall and tunnel....these old comets have such a small tunnel...thanks,,,,,,,,,POP
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Last edited by poboyjo65 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

we installed a mock up 289 and t-10,,,in tonight,,,,did a little trimming ,not much,,,don't want to use the plasma no more then nessary,,,,pop
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Pop, I am just now seeing this post. Looking mighty fine. You know my thoughts on it being pretty. I will definitely be following this project. Can't wait to see it in PF this year. Until then my friend, give it hell,Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

pugs65 wrote:Pop, I am just now seeing this post. Looking mighty fine. You know my thoughts on it being pretty. I will definitely be following this project. Can't wait to see it in PF this year. Until then my friend, give it hell,Pugs.
POP has been missing you,boy....this big tired comet is son's project,,,POP is just an extra pair of hands.....we are doing our level best to have it at pf IN JUNE,,,am wanting to do a burn out in front of the tent,,,,am binging plenty of cash ,,plenty of blank checks and plenty of credit cards to bail son out of the poky !!cause we ain't scared to turn it loose around midnight......so don't drink too much kool aid and miss the fun....that would piss OL POP off !!!!! 8)
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

You know I'm good for a little burn out. Too much kool aid... What's that. No such thing. Remember, if he gets stopped. The throttle got hung up. It's a fresh build and still tryin to get the links worked out. We can come up with a good story to get him out of it. Or at least try to come up with one. So are you bringing you old red ride also? Can't wait,Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

the ol red ride will stay at home,,,we are shootin for the 1st Friday in may to have it ready for opening day of a monthly cruise that happens here,,,,so with alittle luck it'll be at PF in june..it won't be pretty but it'll sound good !! :D ......POP is already getting pumped about PF :!: :!: :!: 8) :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Pop, I know you'll have it done on time. Kind of nice to have a self imposed deadline to keep you motivated and moving forward.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

rest of the frt end parts came in today,,so son put them on,( not perment)..he took a pic ,he may post later..morrow will start on the down bars off the roll bar hoop...it's slow but steady..might even put the 351 N 4spd in also,,,so's we can get our thoughts on building a set of headers,,we think headers will be the biggest challenge,,to get them the style son wants them...thanks and good luck............POP
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

I am excited to see this thing come to life. What has been done to the 351? Waiting on more pics, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed

frdpwr

Post by frdpwr »

Pugs, I started a build thread called 64 Comet Build in the 64-65 section.

The 351 is what my son ran on the dirt back about 10 yrs ago. Its a early block, stock crank, eagle rods, wiseco pistons, the normal balancing, decking etc. heads are N351/352 from Ford Performance, small solid camshaft and a stealth intake. It survived many 7400ish rpm laps on the dirt, lets hope it survives some high rpm clutch dumps and power shifts.

Dwayne

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Nice!! The N heads (both 351 & 352) are under-rated IMO. There was a smokin' local deal on CL for a pair of N351's about a year ago, but with the towers in a Comet headers would be custom only. Too bad, that woulda been cool!! :lol: :lol: Work looks great - you guys are cranking it out!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)