San Diego Chopped ‘64 Comet

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
poboyjo65

Re: San Diego Chopped ‘64 Comet

Post by poboyjo65 »

Lookin Good chief! :D 8) Yep great insight with the photoshop,spot on! Have you thought about a visor?
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:Lookin Good chief! :D 8) Yep great insight with the photoshop,spot on! Have you thought about a visor?
and I bet you could build your own and it looked good 8) :wink: :!:
pop/glenda

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

poboyjo65 wrote:Lookin Good chief! :D 8) Yep great insight with the photoshop,spot on! Have you thought about a visor?

Are you talking about a windshield visor, because if so it’s on my list. Lol.

And yes, Pop, I’ll probably end up making one if that’s the direction I go. I’ll mock-up with cardboard first. Only issue is how much chrome costs to get done out here. $$$

And yes, moon caps are on my list too! Glad you all can see the direction it’s heading!

There’s a huge car/rod swap here in San Diego in a couple weeks called The Big 3. I’ve got a fair amount of things I’ll be looking for there for her.
Chop everything, nothing is sacred.
Destroying the essence of motorcycles, one part at a time. <——— Cars now too I guess.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

IMO...chrome is not the way to go ,,I'd think it'd stick out like a sore thumb...you have no other chrome for it to blend in with..to me the color of the roof is what it needs to be....but that's just OL POP seeing thru his eyes,,,what ever choice you make is what counts and it'll work for the rest of us :? :shock: 8) :lol: :wink: pop
pop/glenda

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

popscomet wrote:IMO...chrome is not the way to go ,,I'd think it'd stick out like a sore thumb...you have no other chrome for it to blend in with..to me the color of the roof is what it needs to be....but that's just OL POP seeing thru his eyes,,,what ever choice you make is what counts and it'll work for the rest of us :? :shock: 8) :lol: :wink: pop

Insight is always appreciated! I will be putting all of the stainless trim back on and giving it a polish beforehand. If I go with chrome, I’ll knock the shine off with a green pad first. We'll see what I can come up with. When I get closer to that, I’m hoping she’ll ‘speak’ to me some more on the final details.
Destroying the essence of motorcycles, one part at a time. <——— Cars now too I guess.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

COOL ..I did not know all the bright work was going back on....... :shock: pop :shock: 8) :) :wink:
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:..to me the color of the roof is what it needs to be
Kinda what I was thinking about the visor. kinda like it was an extention of the roof. but chrome trim around the leading edge of it ,just like the window has, might look good. if you could find the leading edge of the right shaped roof with SS trim in a junkyard,use part of the roof & the trim .but it'd be tricky to find the right shape & size. some of the 50's trucks had a narrow cab.but probably just as easy to make one.
But I get the idea what ever you do will look good!! :wink: 8) :D
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

metalflake roof flat black body,, seems to be the rage down there,,, ?
mural on the dash too
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

It must be 5 o'clock at Fred's. :shock:
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Lip Ripper wrote:It must be 5 o'clock at Fred's. :shock:
:lol: :lol:
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

recent La Roadster Show and SoCal shownshines

ImageImage
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Aussies love visors I am sure one could be found that would fit, just getting to the US could be an issue. :roll:

Looking good.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

SASSY wrote:recent La Roadster Show and SoCal shownshines

ImageImage
and it looks good THERE !!!!jmo,, :shock: :? pop
pop/glenda

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

I like the look of that too, but lots of people are doing it. My buddy just sold his shaved and bagged ‘59 F100 and it was semigloss body and silver megaflake cab top, just like that pic. I’m going for a bit more subtle. I saw someone was able to locate visors for a Falcon from Australia, so I might have to try to go that route as well. They’re fiberglass, but worst case scenario I can build one from metal with that as a guideline and swap the hardware over. Just have to see.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Waiting on an update,,,, :D
Any longer and it will be a pic of the car finished at a show, at the pace you go!
Fred