All Ford Day Geelong 2018

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
BJB

All Ford Day Geelong 2018

Post by BJB »

https://imgur.com/a/9X5Mc

If it was a Ford it was there...some left hookers, some previously left hookers...now right hookers...

Great turn out, met up with friends.....

Met up with John (Aussie comet) face to face from NSW who had traveled 900 k to be there. First corresponded with him through this site. The world is getting small...

cheers

Bruce
Last edited by BJB on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

Aussie Comet 1964

Re: All Ford Day Geelong 2018

Post by Aussie Comet 1964 »

Hi Bruce, great to finally meet up with you, great pics again as usual, some of those cars I didn`t get to see, the show was so big I don`t think I saw half of them, didn`t help I spent most of the day talking with people. Truck did well again, 1850km round trip. John
1964 Comet Caliente 2DR hardtop 302cu C4 10.61 @ 126.68mph
1964 Comet Caliente 2DR hardtop project
1964 Fairlane 500 4 dr daily driver
1964 700 Mercury Truck
1964 Comet Ranchero

BJB

Post by BJB »

Aussie Comet 1964 wrote:Hi Bruce, great to finally meet up with you, great pics again as usual, some of those cars I didn`t get to see, the show was so big I don`t think I saw half of them, didn`t help I spent most of the day talking with people. Truck did well again, 1850km round trip. John
John it was a ,good day, and a big day thats for sure. I did return to say good bye but you were deep in conversation with two guys at the back of your truck, so I thought I best not interrupt. :)

cheers

Bruce

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Bruce,beautiful pictures again. It was also nice you could meet up with John from the forum. Keep the pictures coming,I really appreciate them while I sit here in cold Michigan. Andy

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Yup, always some fascinating stuff!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

BJB

Post by BJB »

caseville cyclone wrote:Bruce,beautiful pictures again. It was also nice you could meet up with John from the forum. Keep the pictures coming,I really appreciate them while I sit here in cold Michigan. Andy
Hey Andy, glad you appreciate the photos . You may be interested in this article concerning Ford OZ's '71 XY Falcon 4WD utility ( Ranchero) http://www.truckjungle.com/2012/08/18/a ... n-4x4-ute/

cheers

Bruce

PS I won't tell you that it will be 81F down my way. ( I have mate in Okemos MI and he tells me how cold it gets). https://imgur.com/a/KAoyK

BJB

Post by BJB »

caseville cyclone wrote:Bruce,beautiful pictures again. It was also nice you could meet up with John from the forum. Keep the pictures coming,I really appreciate them while I sit here in cold Michigan. Andy
Hey Andy, I hope I don't embarrass John, but here is a great article of him and his toys...

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/featur ... ruck-combo

Sorry John.... :)

Bruce

loman

Post by loman »

That's a great article! Thanks for posting it.

caseville cyclone

Bruce,thankyou so much for the articles!!! I really enjoyed reading about the article on the XY Falcon ute. I would love to have one of those 4X4's to run around here in Michigan. Also the picture of your friend in Okemos is exactly what I have in my front yard except for the flag of course LOL. Thankyou for the article on John's car too!! I absolutely love his Comet and his beautiful car hauler. In fact one time I mentioned on one of John's forum posts that it is hard for me to understand how he can shift that car with his left hand sitting on the right hand side of the car. I couldn't power shift with my left hand with any consistency if I wanted it to. John said it's so natural for him that I would get used to it after a while. I guess I'm a spoiled YANK. Oh, buy the way, thanks for the 81 degree weather report. I'm about 2 hours away from your friend in Okemos!!! Andy

BJB

Post by BJB »

caseville cyclone wrote:Bruce,thankyou so much for the articles!!! I really enjoyed reading about the article on the XY Falcon ute. I would love to have one of those 4X4's to run around here in Michigan. Also the picture of your friend in Okemos is exactly what I have in my front yard except for the flag of course LOL. Thankyou for the article on John's car too!! I absolutely love his Comet and his beautiful car hauler. In fact one time I mentioned on one of John's forum posts that it is hard for me to understand how he can shift that car with his left hand sitting on the right hand side of the car. I couldn't power shift with my left hand with any consistency if I wanted it to. John said it's so natural for him that I would get used to it after a while. I guess I'm a spoiled YANK. Oh, buy the way, thanks for the 81 degree weather report. I'm about 2 hours away from your friend in Okemos!!! Andy

Cheers, I met my Okemos friend in Melbourne in '08 when he was here for work, His uncle was in the USAAC , stationed in Australia, and was killed after engaging the enemy during the Battle of the Coral Sea. He hasn't been well lately but every 4th of July I fly the US flag and on Australia Day he flies ours.

As for power shifting with the left hand , you just get used to it. Our turn indicator levers are normally to the right of the wheel but my current Explorer retained the turn stalk on the left during the conversion.. Annoying at first but you get used to it. I stuff it up when I drive my wife's car often hitting the wiper stalk by mistake..

Bruce

caseville cyclone

Bruce that's a nice tradition you and your friend have,I love it!!!! Andy

BJB

Post by BJB »

caseville cyclone wrote:Bruce that's a nice tradition you and your friend have,I love it!!!! Andy

Ole Glory flying down under

Bruce

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

very nice article,on AUSSIE JOHN and his work and both the trk and the comet....just for grins and giggles===my comet was built on sept 20,1963 number 277,,AUSSIE JOHNS was also built on that very same day,,his is 365,,,,in SAN JOSE,,,both red,,,,to be built so close together when new and today to be so far apart,,,,the MERCURY GODS work in strange behavior.....thanks POP
pop/glenda

Tambo

Post by Tambo »

Hey Bruce, great "all Ford Day" pics mate. Thanks for sharing.
I wasn't aware so many XP Falcons are still alive! John's car and truck looking great as always.
66 Cyclone GT: 390, 4 sp Top Loader, 3.25 9inch