what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
BJB

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by BJB »

Replacing the UCA and LCA . Took the opportunity to perform the Shelby Drop using a purchased template. Straight forward enough. Gave the inner guards a coat of gloss black. The car's underside had been sprayed with an anti corrosion coat in its lifetime and what looks like surface rust under the paint is remnants of the old coating. ( the coating worked as the underside is virtually rust free).

https://imgur.com/a/mMbZRF7
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Nice 8)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

drove to a sonic cruise tonight,,had never been to this one before,it was put on by a local car club in a near by town,,GLENDA drove her 56 ford and won 1st place,,son in law's 70AMX won 2nd....1st time her 56 has be seen in public in several yrs,,but the ole red ride still got it's self plenty of lookers and pic taken.....pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Tell her Congrats & y'all must have did a good job gettin it ready so congrats to the whole Pop team!!
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thanks JOHN,while the comet has always been kinda important to me and son since we built it yrs ago,,GLENDA'S , 56 ford has ALWAYS been our main focus,or should I say ….it's owner is our main focus... :wink: thanks again...….POP
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Awesome POP. Sounds like fun was had by all.
Tom
tomb's 65

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Was out for a spin today for the first time in a month or so. Really enjoyed the new disc brake setup but to be honest enjoyed the 3.50 gears I installed at the same time more :mrgreen: :D
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

hard to beat a 3.50 gear...... :wink: …..pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Last night was the last night for our local cruise officialy for the year ,I took the comet and for the 1st time GLENDA drove her 56 ford,,had a great time her car was a heck of a hit as well as the ol red ride...was ask if the comet just might have a price tag,,,of course I said NO !! had to hear about a few comets from high school days as well as college..all the attention her 56 got made GLENDA smile big as this was the 1st time it has been away from the house in several yrs...….deer season is close by ,time to put these cars away.thanks POP
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Pop, congrats to you and Ms Glenda. Glad you guys had fun. Good luck on the up coming deer season my friend, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THANK YOU,PUGS,good to hear from you...hope all is good on your end......pop
pop/glenda

1965comet

Post by 1965comet »

I've actually been working on the Comet quite a bit....but today I put her on jacks....took the tires off, removed the calipers, and the rotors. I ordered new rotors all the way around and pads. I also lowered the passengers side exhaust. It alway rubbed against the bumper and I had to put a rubber insularor between the two. With the Comet on jacks, it was easy to modify the exhaust hangers to drop the exhaust a bit. Also drained the motor oil.

G
George
1965 Comet 202

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

400 dollar mistake! i took my racing slicks and wheels of my comet and put stock wheels and tires on for the winter months ahead.my 66 is my daily driver so i drive it alot in the winter too.but getting back to the 400 dollar mistake comment i bought a set of hoosier street slicks-cheater slicks and left them on my comet all summer.i only put 1000-1500 miles on them.they are wore to the core.i gave 200 a piece for them and they didnt last no time.i know they are racing only and really meant for the strip,but i was easy on them too.i knew they wouldnt last forever but 1000 miles.lesson learned.no more slicks on the street.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

fryedaddy wrote:400 dollar mistake! i took my racing slicks and wheels of my comet and put stock wheels and tires on for the winter months ahead.my 66 is my daily driver so i drive it alot in the winter too.but getting back to the 400 dollar mistake comment i bought a set of hoosier street slicks-cheater slicks and left them on my comet all summer.i only put 1000-1500 miles on them.they are wore to the core.i gave 200 a piece for them and they didnt last no time.i know they are racing only and really meant for the strip,but i was easy on them too.i knew they wouldnt last forever but 1000 miles.lesson learned.no more slicks on the street.
So that's where you've been,burning yer slicks off!! :lol: you ought to check in every now & then so we know you're still kickin! :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

HAD A FRIEND ,THAT HAD A 66 390 4SPD COMET,,drove around town til he got a race,,,carried his slicks in the trunk,, :wink: then it was KATY BAR THE DOOR !! :) 8) that was the only time those slicks were ever used :!: pop
pop/glenda