what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
fryedaddy

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by fryedaddy »

poboyjo65 wrote:
So that's where you've been,burning yer slicks off!! :lol: you ought to check in every now & then so we know you're still kickin! :lol:
my computer konked out and i had to get my son to fix it.thanks for the concern.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

popscomet wrote:HAD A FRIEND ,THAT HAD A 66 390 4SPD COMET,,drove around town til he got a race,,,carried his slicks in the trunk,, :wink: then it was KATY BAR THE DOOR !! :) 8) that was the only time those slicks were ever used :!: pop
POP.thats a good idea.if i get another set i may do that too.i had 2 street races this summer,had a good time but not 400 dollars worth.i blew away a 5.0 mustang but all he had was headers cam and under drive,but he asked for it.i was coming out of a store and he was waiting on me to come out,so i let him have it.blew him away by bus lengths.i also ran a 68 gmc truck sbc.he done better than the mustang but he spun too much while i pulled away.
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

COOL !! that's the real reason you drive that OL COMET everyday.... :wink: waitin on a jump on from someone...same as OL POP when I drive my old red ride,,,,,just waitin on that jump.....out runnin 'em ain't as important today as it once was...I just like to shift this 4spd and hear both 4 bbl.'s suckin air ….( and watch the gas gauge fall faster then the speed-o needle :shock: :wink: )...take care and good luck and don't miss a gear :wink: ol pop
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

im not out looking for races.there aint a day goes by that someone dont holler get on it or lets see what it will do,or some yapazuki will rev up their 100 hp 4 banger trying to get me to race.i ignore all of that.im not burning my tires off to show off.if i tore it up im sure they would not help me fix it or help me buy new tires
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Installed my new RAD few days ago,,today I road tested...water droplets started blowing thru the hood scoop hittin the windshield,,,,didn't have the top hose clamp on the thermos housing tight....good to go....gotta check into the heater core next…...what pound pressure cap is correct? O'reilys book calls for a 13 ,,I don't recall for sure....when new the car had AC..
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

ONCE a year and it was today,,,all the old cars and trks and hot rods from all over gather at VET's hosp so the military vets can come out or look out the window at them,,,,it was a good turn out.....I always try to go in memory of my DAD, who was a ARMY VET and is buried in the NATIONAL CEMETARY,,and the fact my comet was built on his birthday,in 1963 ,MAKES THIS a special event,,,,,thanks….POP
pop/glenda

BJB

Post by BJB »

popscomet wrote:ONCE a year and it was today,,,all the old cars and trks and hot rods from all over gather at VET's hosp so the military vets can come out or look out the window at them,,,,it was a good turn out.....I always try to go in memory of my DAD, who was a ARMY VET and is buried in the NATIONAL CEMETARY,,and the fact my comet was built on his birthday,in 1963 ,MAKES THIS a special event,,,,,thanks….POP
What a great idea. Cheers Pop.

Bruce
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

BJB wrote:
popscomet wrote:ONCE a year and it was today,,,all the old cars and trks and hot rods from all over gather at VET's hosp so the military vets can come out or look out the window at them,,,,it was a good turn out.....I always try to go in memory of my DAD, who was a ARMY VET and is buried in the NATIONAL CEMETARY,,and the fact my comet was built on his birthday,in 1963 ,MAKES THIS a special event,,,,,thanks….POP
What a great idea. Cheers Pop.

Bruce
the local Pontiac club started this along time ago,,it's all free and they furnish food and drink(water)and music..always a good turnout..we owe so much to the vets,they come out in wheelchairs and canes ,they tell us stories about what they have owned ,I noticed one young lady pushing a wheel chair around with a older vet ,few minutes later she'd have another,bet she pushed a half dozen or so all over that parking lot,,she may have worked at the hosp,but it was good to see her interest and careing for those old fellows without feet and legs or just flat unable to walk on their own,,she had them all wraped up as it was a tad chilly,,,young people like HER always get a tip of the hat from OL POP..
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

I did a leak down test on the black car. All is good. I then drained the water and added some antifreeze to get me thru winter. While performing leakdown test I noticed I lost a header bolt. Replaced missing bolt and checked the rest of them.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I took her out for a little ride today. Man the cool weather sure does make her seem even more perky. Like taking a happy dog out for a walk, we both enjoyed getting out for a couple hours together. even if it was all cloudy it perked us both up! :P up town for a snack & gas,then a little hwy cruising, & then some curvy country roads down to the country church where my parents are buried. :D
here is a little cruise from last year of the same road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCxhehHfu80
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Those looked like some fun roads to drive. I saw one posted speed limit sign of 40 mph, but I think you were probably OK. Didn't look like you let it get that low. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Those looked like some fun roads to drive. I saw one posted speed limit sign of 40 mph, but I think you were probably OK. Didn't look like you let it get that low. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Jim
Yea just cruisin Jim, wasn't in a hurry . :lol: :lol: That's the road I learned to drive on, but they only let me drive on the way back from church. I think my folks wanted to get in quite a few last prayers before they rode with me. :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Jims65cyclone wrote:Those looked like some fun roads to drive. I saw one posted speed limit sign of 40 mph, but I think you were probably OK. Didn't look like you let it get that low. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Jim
Yea just cruisin Jim, wasn't in a hurry . :lol: :lol: That's the road I learned to drive on, but they only let me drive on the way back from church. I think my folks wanted to get in quite a few last prayers before they rode with me. :lol:
yea they hoped you'd payed attention to the message....would have liked to be a fly in the back glass listening to the do;s n don'ts...…...then again maybe not the 1st time you scared your momma >>>>pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:...then again maybe not the 1st time you scared your momma >>>>pop
Yea I think the first time was when I was 3 or 4 ,we were at granddaddys house & I tried to show them I could hold up a 60 fury with one hand :roll: , But then Daddy had to out do me,, & lift the front of the car off my hand. :roll: After that he didnt like me fiddlin with any of the knobs & buttons, or even playing in the car. :roll: But then a year or 2 later, I could get my little hands up behind the dash & twist out those dash bulbs & put in new ones for him.Kind of a payback for him helping me lift that car! :lol: I think he was almost as glad to have those bulbs changed as I was for him to get that car off my hand :lol:
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Great vid and stories Johno.
When I was about 16 Dad had a white 60 Dodge Polara helped him swap motors.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about