pics

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
cyclone67

pics

Post by cyclone67 »

mike put pics of my cyclone up in the comet gallery :shock:
sorry about the custom grill but i didnt have a choice after some boob backed his trailer through the grill
Wade ``MERC MAN`` Robertson

Cyclone390GT

Post by Cyclone390GT »

The car looks great man! What kind of times are getting out of that car in the 1320? What made you decide to put a 385 series in it?
Mike Grammer

cyclone67

my cyclones story (long)

Post by cyclone67 »

here goes guys not sure ya`ll wanna here this but cyclone390 asked so blame him ! lol! the cyclone last time at the track ran 14.00@98.6 in the 1/4 on a track that sucks a corrected alttitudeof 6-8000ft.
now for the story.

the car was purchased as a project by my brother warren as a project and it was in bad shape it was a 390 4 gear car but they were long gone.so my brother sat and planned for a couple of years while i sat and drooled but he eventualy realized he didnthave thje mechanical skills to handle a project like this so being big brother i stepped in both feet and started tutoring him on what he needed to do after about a year and not much headway i got a huge suprise on christmas i got a card from warren inside was a bill of sale to the cyclone from him and my dad. after a bout 2yrs i got pissed at myself and my own lack of progress.while sittin chewing the fat with a bud of mine he asked what driveline i was going to install.so i said i had a good 460 and a c-6 kickin around that i thought might be fun , he said no way so i got pissed i hate being told i cant do something,so we made a bet 100 bucks and a 40 of jack that i could put it in without hacking up the car.damn the jack was good and i used the hundred to buy a used set of flowmasters.

the 460 was ok but just not what i wanted i pulled it fresh rings bearings oil pump tchain and gears and went to the swap meet picked up a used crane cam and lifters pulled the original2.90 gears and put in a 3.70 with a mini spool got a sponsor for a rebuild on the c-6 with a stage 2 kit and a 2200 stallbought a new 750 holley and wiend stealth intake ported the heads and ehaust manifolds bolted it all together and put a set of 10x15x28 goodyear slicks. and started winning races warren kept trying to get to the track to watch and run the car a few times but something always came up.2 years ago we had plans for the media race for him to come with me. NOW FOR A KICK IN THE PODS! i was driving rig at the time on my way home i drove past a wreck in the ditch that was being investigated by the RCMP .i got home and was there about 15 minutes when a buddy of mine with the rcmp showed up on my door step i hollerd for jeff to come in figureing somebody made a noise complaint about the car. he said i needed to come up to the hospital.

i can still see the look on his face. i had to go identify warrens body.

warren was a pretty outspoken guy and if ya didnt like what he had to say he would tell ya to "" kiss my ass"" so on the trunk of the cyclone it says ...

in memory of my baby brother warren KISS MY ASS

that is the story of my cyclone

thanks for listening, Wade Robertson

Cyclone390GT

Post by Cyclone390GT »

Wow! Thats quite a story Wade. Terribly sorry to hear of your loss. I am somewhat going through a tribute resto on my 61 GMC that belonged to my wifes father. He passed from Azlheimers a few months back at the young age of 55. Shortly after I first met my wife in the 8th grade, her father was diagnosed with the desiese, so I didnt have a chance to know the real him for very long. But of the short time we had to spend together while he was still able, we devoted a lot of time to that truck, working on that truck with him is one of the only memories I have of him before the desiese took over. So every time I am out in the garage, grinding and sanding on it, I always think of him and the short time we had together. Thats one of the positive things about having a car in someones honor, it keeps the memories fresh.

Good luck to you and your Clone
Mike Grammer

cyclone67

cyclone390

Post by cyclone67 »

real sorry for your loss as well ,that disease real suck ive watched it take over a few people i know, it real does bite