Looking to film a Mercury comet for a documentary

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
korbett

Looking to film a Mercury comet for a documentary

Post by korbett »

Hello, I am making a low budget film about the Blue Bird fire that occurred in Montreal, Canada in 1972. Three men were denied entrance to a bar and set the entrance on fire which quickly spread and claimed the lives of 37 innocent people.

The three arsonists were driving a Mercury Comet and I was hoping to find someone who would let me film their car for a few scenes. I am looking at filming details of the vehicle such as the dashboard and other design elements.

If anyone has any leads it would be much appreciated as the winter has set in up here in Canada and there are very few cars. I am willing to travel south.

Best regards,

Korbett

korbett_matthews@emerson.edu

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Looking to film a Mercury comet for a documentary

Post by lavron »

Would help o know what year you are looking for.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

BACK in the late 90's,what POP calls low budget film producers showed up for a convention of sorts in HOT SPRINGS,ARKANSAS.THEY came in LIMO'S AND WERE DRESSED to the high 9's,thier women had furs and diamonds and the men were puffing on foot long cigars,a week or so earlier GLENDA and OL POP were asked if we would bring her 56ford and my comet,it was held at a old restored walk in theater. the theme of the convention was old movies pertaining to cars,like THUNDER ROAD,with ROBERT METCHUM,,we went and was treated very nicely and had all the foods and drinks we wanted..our cars were a big hit and many pictures were taken,,OH,I was asked to dress 50/60's,so I wore my loafers and my old leather MC jacket from my punk ass days and she wore her poodle skirt with a scarf tied around her neck..we had a ball !! would do it again if given a chance,,still have my MC JACKET,,,but ain't no way it will still fit :shock: (her skirt won't neither) :wink: pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

been recalling what I posted above .this was on DRIVE IN THEATERS,,,,a docu was going to be made about all that use to be in the USA !!….POP
pop/glenda