Seat Rail Extensions

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
calicruiser

Seat Rail Extensions

Post by calicruiser »

I'm a new owner of a 1963 S-22 Convertible with bucket seats.

Looking for any guidance or suggestions on how to get the seat to move back further. I can't seem to find any seat rail extensions or kits.

Thanks!

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: Seat Rail Extensions

Post by A/FX »

calicruiser wrote:I'm a new owner of a 1963 S-22 Convertible with bucket seats.

Looking for any guidance or suggestions on how to get the seat to move back further. I can't seem to find any seat rail extensions or kits.

Thanks!
I just did the modifications to my ‘64 bucket seat tracks to move them back 2”. It is as simple as adding material to the front of the tracks then relocating the rear mounting holes to match the holes in the floorpan. I welded threaded slugs to the tracks that will accept studs, the seats will be held in place from the bottom of the car with flanged 5/16x 24 nuts.
I also moved my seats 1” to the center of the car but you probably will not need to do that. I did it so the seat back would clear the roll bar and give me more angle on the seat back. It actually made the seats centered with the steering column.
Pictures attached.
Jim
Image Image
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D I don't have any experience with extending seat rails, but there are several on here in addition to Jim who do. They'll probably chime in shortly.

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea Welcome on! :D
Here's the ones I made. bolt on,works with stock holes. I first drilled holes for 5'' back but I didnt need that much so I drilled them for 3'' back.

with tracks;
Johno