Revamping My Personal Comet Website

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Revamping My Personal Comet Website

Post by lavron »

I have been working late at night updating 64Comet.com, I have to do it at night and dedicated the daylight hours to get the Comet ready to drive around the yard :roll: :lol:

I still have a bunch to go and if you have followed my build thread most of it will be familiar but in a different format, I am not posting my failures as I do here :roll: and each part of the build is on a separate page, not nearly in-depth as here and there is no asking opinions just this is what happened, I try to give credit to anyone who helped here if I can remember :roll: What you may catch is a little insight into why I am doing what I am doing or the reasoning behind certain decisions.

Anyway I thought some here might like to see it, for one thing, you can expect Comet Central to get a revamp in the future (not the forum only the rest of the neglected site) I have a handful of other websites I am going to try and get fixed as well that are pretty much not related to Comets, I do own a handful of Comet domain names that might need something on them eventually as well (I might actually use HotRodComet.com someday)

Remember there is a bunch of stuff still to go up on this site because I have 40 years of memories and a pretty extensive build over the last 2 years.

https://64comet.com/wp/

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Re: Revamping My Personal Comet Website

Post by Jims65cyclone »

WOW, Mike! You've put a lot of time into that website! It condenses the 117 pages of your build thread into a SLIGHTLY shorter read. :lol: It's sort of like time-lapse video compared to the thread, and really emphasizes the progress you've made. Great job on the website and the car. 8)

Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:16 pm
WOW, Mike! You've put a lot of time into that website! It condenses the 117 pages of your build thread into a SLIGHTLY shorter read. :lol: It's sort of like time-lapse video compared to the thread, and really emphasizes the progress you've made. Great job on the website and the car. 8)

Jim
And I am not done yet working on the site, it is a lot of typing and digging up pictures, I have so much info :lol: Some of it is probably not organized the best in the world but I guess I really did not make an outline or anything, I try to think of it as if I wanted to read something similar.

I am trying not to go into any super long explanations and it is not a substitute for the forum build, it is what I intended it to be to a certain extent.

You are right about putting some of the work in perspective, it really has been a lot of stuff I have done in a short while, a few times while working on things I wish I just had a premade part to bolt-on and be done with it.

Thanks for going and looking at it and giving your thoughts I appreciate it.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

CosmicComets

Post by CosmicComets »

Mike, I just browsed through your website, beautiful, well organized and informative. I will be going back and reading it in its entirety. Your computer skills are up there with your mechanical, electrical, and fabricating skills. :mrgreen: I wish I would taken more photos throughout the years, however I wouldn't know how to get them on the internet for all to see. It took me 3 months of cussing just to get pics from my phone to my laptop and now they are stuck there. :roll: Keep up the great build and thanks for sharing ! Take care, Cary

P.S. Thanks for all the work you do for Comet Central. I am getting used to the new improved site. I get e-mails when any member posts to a thread that I am active on but haven't yet seen. I saw that is an option in the settings, I like it.
65 Cyclone 460W, C4, trans brake, CalTracs
64 Cyclone (son's) 408W 8 stack EFI 6speed, Winters qc rear
64 Cyclone (son's)347, 4speed, mini tubbed 9"
1965 Caliente, 289, 4 speed, buckets, 51k miles
1969 428 CJ coupe (son's)
1965 Cyclone, tube chassis, 514bbf, glide w/brake

WARNING: all of my vehicles are armed with anti-thrift devices