At the Local Ford Dealership Today

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

At the Local Ford Dealership Today

Post by lavron »

Had to take the wife's car into the dealership today so I was stuck wandering around, they had this '63? Meteor moredoor out beside the building.

Asked the service manager about it, said it belonged to the owner, and he would probably sell it, told him I was not interested in it just thought it was cool.

The owner has several old cars and trucks sitting around, mostly Fords, some restored, some hotrods, and some like the Mercury.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: At the Local Ford Dealership Today

Post by A/FX »

lavron wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 2:37 pm
Had to take the wife's car into the dealership today so I was stuck wandering around, they had this '63? Meteor moredoor out beside the building.

Asked the service manager about it, said it belonged to the owner, and he would probably sell it, told him I was not interested in it just thought it was cool.

The owner has several old cars and trucks sitting around, mostly Fords, some restored, some hotrods, and some like the Mercury.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike,
Did you look at the strange front suspension under the Meteor? It has a second coil spring mounted on a strut that runs forward of the control arms, I believe the Meteor was the only FoMoCo product to use this design.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

lavron
Site Admin

Re: At the Local Ford Dealership Today

Post by lavron »

A/FX wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 6:44 pm
Did you look at the strange front suspension under the Meteor? It has a second coil spring mounted on a strut that runs forward of the control arms, I believe the Meteor was the only FoMoCo product to use this design.
I did not but have to go back in a few days because, naturally, they didn't have the part to fix the car and had to order it.

I remember reading about that strange front suspension now that you mention it (probably here) if it isn't raining or anything I will try and snap a picture of it next time.

That car is actually pretty decent but may be full of Bondo but has all the chrome trim except around the windshield but it was laying in the back seat, it even has all 4 original hubcaps.

Funny thing from across the parking lot I thought I spotted a Comet until I got closer.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058