Some stuff in my Comet "Treasure Box"

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Some stuff in my Comet "Treasure Box"

Post by lavron »

Looking for the bolts(?) that hold the rear trim panels on my '64 and pulled out my treasure box, this is a few of the things it contains :P some is off the car so will be going back on.

The stuff in the lower right corner is off my car (mostly) I don't think the C O M E are off of it, I haven't found my letters yet so I think there is another box I haven't found yet. the two lower comet scripts are ones I bought because I think the broken one above came off my car and I broke many years ago taking it off and bought a couple of replacements (the hood one is on already).

The radio delete plate is off my car, I don't know where the big panel is that goes across the radio face is, I haven't seen it for a long time, the rest of the Comet emblems are from various years, none too good, I bought them off eBay over the years and they were the ones nobody wanted so I got them cheap, may use one or two to cast into the intake or air cleaner.

Not sure where the Cyclone window sticker came from, I am sure it is a repop I got someplace.

I bought these two trading cards off of eBay a long time ago, I have a bunch of magazine ads, etc for '64 Comets I have collected, there are several framed and matted and hanging on my office wall.

That is a few of the things I ended up with owning a Comet 40 years.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Re: Some stuff in my Comet "Treasure Box"

Post by popscomet »

good stuff..ain't you glad you hung onto them ???...reminds me of myself,,,don't get rid of NUTTIN !!! pop
pop/glenda

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

Cool find, I found a box of chrome and odds and ends from my comets the other day when I was looking for my spare wiper motor.

Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I have one of those Cyclone stickers too.
His user name escape s me at the moment but his name is
Jim Clayton. Most likely where yours came from too.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

SASSY wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:52 pm
I have one of those Cyclone stickers too.
His user name escape s me at the moment but his name is
Jim Clayton. Most likely where yours came from too.
You may be right, I don't think he has been on the forum in quite some time but he is on FB from time to time.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058