Car Lift and Garage

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
poboyjo65

Re: Car Lift and Garage

Post by poboyjo65 »

Making me itch just looking at the pic. I helped a insulation guy for one day & quit. it was hot ,too hot for long sleeves I thought & none of the other guys had them on or anything but t shirts & jeans & by the end of the day my arms were whelped up & I showed them to him as I told him my insulation career was over. then about 2 months later or longer I saw him & showed him my arms still had little red spots & he said dang you been doing it again? I said no this was from helping you,,,he said dang that stuff really dont like you. I said I know I know! :x :cry:

looking good Jim!!! :D
Johno

JimsHot66

Post by JimsHot66 »

Looking good Jim!

Painful memories of insulating my crawl space attic...glad I did that when I was younger. Your sheet rock will go much easier being the supervisor. :D

Jim

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Caveman49 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:21 am
Looking good Jim. Nice lift your standing on, bet it saved you a ton on work.
Thanks! The lift belongs to my son-in-law. He has some great toys! :D A lot safer than insulating a 12 ft ceiling from a 8 ft step ladder, too. I’ve already taken one giant leap too many off that ladder on this project. :roll:

Jim

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:38 pm
Making me itch just looking at the pic.
Yea, I wore long sleeves, gloves, face mask, face shield and a ball cap. Temps were mostly in the 60’s, so it wasn’t too bad. I wasted no time getting in the shower when I finished, though.

Jim

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Looking great, Jim! :D Nasty and tedious work but everything in there will thank you on 95% humidity day.
The only house construction work I thoroughly enjoy is framing. The rest.....eh :|

Was looking at scabbing into the roof and doing what you are doing when I had to replace hurricane damaged awning.
Timing was very bad with supply issues and prices @ that time. Will see what the future brings.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Joe Travers wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:01 pm
The only house construction work I thoroughly enjoy is framing. The rest.....eh :|
Thanks, Joe. Yeah, I like framing because it seems like you accomplish a lot pretty quickly, but my favorite is trim carpentry. There won't be much of that though on this project. Just two windows, a door and an attic scuttle hole. I've got about 20 feet of salvaged kitchen wall cabinets I'll be modifying and hanging with French cleats on two walls, and I'm going to build a 10 foot workbench to go under 10 feet of the wall cabinets between the two windows. Next goal, though, is to get the sheetrock hung so I can move on to the trim and cabinetry.

Jim

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Slow progress, but progress none the less. Yesterday I contracted with a company to hang my sheetrock! :D They will start on June 5th and take a week to hang, mud and sand. More updates later.

Jim

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Major milestone achieved! Passed my final inspection this morning. Progress was painfully slow since my last update in May. The sheetrock contractor got a late start, and took two weeks rather than one to complete. Much of the summer was actually too hot and/or humid to paint. Not supposed to paint above 90*, and that seldom happened. :roll: Those things and other "stuff" drug it out until now. I still need to build my workbench that will be under the cabinets between the windows, and epoxy coat the floor. I also need to complete the second phase of the building permit, which is to build a deck off the back of the house. I want to get that done before winter gets here, so another interruption to garage progress. At least the deck should go a lot faster. Essentially all framing work. :D

Jim

Caveman49

Post by Caveman49 »

Well worth the wait Jim, it’s looking real good. Will be so much more enjoyable working on your rides.
Motor Safe,
Lee

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Looking good Jim! where are you putting the tv?
Johno

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Looks great, Jim :D

That tall ceiling will be nice in the summer tine.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Thanks, guys. Not planning on a tv, but I have an old laptop I may keep out there. Make it easy to update my build thread when I get started. :D

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

What about a stereo? :? Heck i love having a tv in the shop. especially during football season. :)
Johno

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:39 am
What about a stereo? :? Heck i love having a tv in the shop. especially during football season. :)
Could I interest you in a 300W system? :P

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I've got a hefty boom box sitting on a 5 gal. bucket right now that will find a permanent location once I move in. Not sure the neighbors would share any enthusiasm for a 300W system, Joe. :lol: :roll:

Jim