Update on me.

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
poboyjo65

Re: Update on me.

Post by poboyjo65 »

lavron wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:17 am
Miracles continue
The physical therapist was here yesterday and asked me what I wanted to do?
I told him I would really like to get in the truck if I could

So we walked up the hill to the shed with just the cane. I I stepped up on the running board of the truck and plopped myself down in the seat, therapist said he was surprised I did it so easily, so I got in and out a few times to prove it was not a fluke before walking back down the hill to the house. Then last evening I took a ride in the truck down to visit the neihbors had a good visit. next step is to actually drive the truck 8) It is all amazing that 2 weeks ago I was wheelchair bound 8)

See Ya,
Mike
Always good to hear good news! as for my hood ducting,it came with it .all I did was cut the hole for the breather. but have a look at it. ideas come from everywhere. maybe the other valve cover could be used underneath the breathers,upsidedown to meet the top one/scoop?
Johno

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

lavron wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:03 am
I guess I missed the 1 at the beginning :oops: So not super cheap I will have to look at some others
Glad you are building strength and stamina! Keep that positive attitude, every day is a new day :wink:

Hold your britches on the scoop for now. Something may be coming down the line soon.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Joe Travers wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:39 am
lavron wrote:
I guess I missed the 1 at the beginning :oops: So not super cheap I will have to look at some others
Glad you are building strength and stamina! Keep that positive attitude, every day is a new day :wink:

Hold your britches on the scoop for now. Something may be coming down the line soon.

Joe
Every day a new miracle to observe 8)
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Joe Travers wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:39 am
lavron wrote:

Joe
Yes, no rush anyway. Not alot of disposable cash laying about now, cancer is expensive :twisted:
Mike's build thread

comethead

Post by comethead »

Good to see you back in the hunt Mike!
I used an Unlimited Products fiberglass tear drop hood scoop and front bumper on my Falcon. Both were pretty nice as received.
They make a ton of different style hood scoops http://up22.com/scoopw1.htm

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Great to hear of your progress! Keep plugging away at it.

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

GOOD NEWS....WAY TO GO......pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Drove the truck down to the mailbox and back. did not end the drive in the ditch, so I count that a success 8) No trouble hoisting myself up in there or sliding out when I was done :lol: Getting very close to driving someplace. dont think my wife is ready for me to go out solo yet :roll:
Going to make a Comet video to post up during the gathering, is there anything in particular you guys want to see? I have one request to cover the air ride more in depth so I might do that one.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

lavron wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:42 pm

Going to make a Comet video to post up during the gathering, is there anything in particular you guys want to see?

See Ya,
Mike
A SERIOUS BURNOUT!!!!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Well right now I still havent gotten a battery to start it, one of the therapist wants to buy the GEO Tracker so I told him Iwould sell it really cheap I think my wife was ready to give it to him. I told him $300 he said he was going to offer $500 for it, maybe I will sell it to him for $400. he wants to build a hunting rig out of it. that woukld give me enough to buy a ventless battery. need to measure the space. but i have heard Optima is not what it used to be :? So maybe one of it's competitors? Anyone have a different choice?
Not really a place to do a seriuos burnout I have mostly gravel and probably not wise to get on the highway on Memorial day weekend :roll: and I am not too much into possibly breaking something and wearing my tires out, it happens but not planned.
My wife is off work Monday so going to go out and try t get the car off the jack stands, while she can get in and hold the brake so it wont roll off the ramps as I lower it and run over me :shock: hope fully I can get down low enough to slide the jack up under the rear diff. to lift it enough to drop those jack stands out may sit the car down on the dollies so I can move it around the shed.
See Ya Mike
Mike's build thread

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

lavron wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:13 am
Not really a place to do a seriuos burnout I have mostly gravel and probably not wise to get on the highway on Memorial day weekend :roll: and I am not too much into possibly breaking something and wearing my tires out, it happens but not planned.
I can relate :mrgreen:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

Haven't checked in the forum for awhile. Glad read that your able to get around now and be able to drive yourself. That is great news. :mrgreen:
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:36 pm
Great to hear of your progress! Keep plugging away at it.

Jim
A big thanks to Jim for getting me virtually to the Gathering tonight, may try again tomorrow Good see all the familar faces and several new ones, hopefully sometime in the future I can meet everyone in person 8)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

tntrash

Post by tntrash »

Didn't see the latest Facebook update on here from Lori that she posted about Mike:

Just an update, Miracle Mike continues on his journey - doing well, has started a second round of chemo with absolutely no side effects from it. He graduated from physical therapy this week after completing all his goals, including easily navigating our flight of stairs in the house. He will continue with some speech therapy to work on the higher cognitive skill re-building and memory function. This weekend he will begin work again on his 64' Comet, sanding and prepping for it to be painted. Bought a TENS unit to help with that left arm numbness and he already seems to notice improvement with using it. He is going to visit Bethel Church in Strafford, where we used to attend, to deliver a testimony and message this Sunday to our friends and former pastor there. I am in awe of what God is doing and thankful to have Mike home with me as we are enjoying the summer. We are walking together around the outside of house for exercise and he is regularly driving the cart around. We have an eye appointment set up because there is still some vision impairment on the left side which needs checked out. God is delivering on his promises to my husband and I get to watch these miracles unfold before me. He is good. Very good.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

great news.LORI !!just proves there us power in prayer,,,,we serve a good LORD !!! thanks and you take care of yourself and stay healthy....your work ain't done yet,kiddo !!! pop
pop/glenda