Beer cruise!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

Beer cruise!

Post by SASSY »

Been riding my new to me motorcycle a lot lately.
But today,, beer cruise!
Once in a while we grab our 0.5s and hit the road, talk about old times and how blessed we are.
Been doing this for over 45 years,,, in the same car,, although it wasn't always 0.5,,,,,,.
Not far from the house is this beauty overlook, then Bob and Fran showed up and muscled in on the pics. The valley is sure pretty these days. Then stopped by a lonely spot these days,,, the US border crossing,, lol. Can't sneak around without running into somebody, neighbours Rosemarie and Del out riding. Great afternoon!!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Re: Beer cruise!

Post by popscomet »

cool !! great to be able to relive and think about those good old days when life was so much simpler,,we had the world by the tail....we just didn't know it :shock: and red stands out against that back ground.... :) pop
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Looking good, Fred!
Beautiful countryside to enjoy. I need to get Pat up to the Rockies to visit our son, catch some crisp dry air.
Afraid to say I can't drive the Comet. Not set up for the long haul like yourself. :(

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Really,,when you reach a certain point or age in life,,,these big cam shafts and low gears and carbs start taking a back seat ,,,at least for us,,we have race cars ,drag car,,4spds all kinds of intakes just collecting dust,,,POP is at the point I sometimes think I ought to change OL red to a bone stock cruiser,,,but never a AT,,,,I still like to shift a 4spd,,,in a case like FRED,he still has the looks and 3 pedals....he may not have that rumble,,,,but is that really a thing?? JMO my age may be creeping up on me....was at a sonic cruise saturday night,,the comet was a hit for sure the sound was the talk ,,,so 2nd thought,,,it'll probaly stay like it is,,,, :wink: so drive and enjoy what ever you have ,,,,and be thankful for it.......pop
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

I have a Lincoln turbo cruiser for my bad back, Pop 8)
If the computer chip burns out, I'll still have a carbureted vehicle....... :roll:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Joe Travers wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:29 pm
I have a Lincoln turbo cruiser for my bad back, Pop 8)
If the computer chip burns out, I'll still have a carbureted vehicle....... :roll:

Joe
cool pop ain't short of a driver in any case.....carb or FI
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I am wanting so bad to get to the point of just driving and really not terribly far off I don’t think just need to concentrate time and resources that bring that into reality the easiest and quickest and catch a few things in the future “next time I am in there :lol:
see Ya, Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Mike I can understand driving it becoming more of a focus for you.
Have you thought of inlisting someone, no not Lori to assist you in making that happen sooner rather than later?
Your quite close to driving it and a youthful injection of effort,,,,, who do you know?
Yes guys I miss the rumble of that 351C there's no denying.
But that's about it, premium fuel up here is about1.60 a liter or $7 dollars a gal and that C was good for 10 or so mpg. We live
about an hour from other towns around. Face it the car just wouldn't get driven to them for a coffee n cruise much.
The car is well received at carshows because it is different and this isn't a put down but if I can't drive it to an event it ain't going, I don't trailer it.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Honest evaluation, Fred. :wink:
My favorite conception of your car has to be the Cleveland strip build. Yes, not practical for a cruiser but still my favorite, possibly serving as a pleasure car now. When I bought my Comet, it was to serve this purpose alone, being practical-minded.

I knew I was going to need help. A degenerative spine doesn't get me far but I enjoy the times I am able to work on it. Was talking to my old friend that trailered my car from Texas last year. His son quit his oilfield job and built a nice shop. I drive 45 minutes up there if I need any heavy work when I'm up to it and work with him, so I can keep my eyes on things.

Practicality is the word for the day.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I trailer mine to PF until I get it torn down and rebuilt mechanically. I have no history with it on a long trip, but I know it needs a lot of suspension work and the motor going through. I drive it to the local cruise-ins, but I'm not ready to trust it on a 250 mile trip through the mountains. My bucket list goal is to have it so I can cruise Route 66 from one end to the other with no concerns. :D

Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:47 pm
I trailer mine to PF until I get it torn down and rebuilt mechanically. I have no history with it on a long trip, but I know it needs a lot of suspension work and the motor going through. I drive it to the local cruise-ins, but I'm not ready to trust it on a 250 mile trip through the mountains. My bucket list goal is to have it so I can cruise Route 66 from one end to the other with no concerns. :D

Jim
Sounds like both of our buckets have a similar list in them thinking Comet caravan to California one day down route 66 8) My shorter term goal list is driving the round trip to PF in the Comet
see Ya,
mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058